Lead Scientist - High Potency Chemistry
— Join a leading, fast-paced process chemistry start-up
This is an opportunity to join a fast-growing and agile innovation partner within the pharmaceutical manufacturing process industry, priding themselves on being economically and environmentally sustainable. The Lead Scientist will bring specialism in highly potent chemistry to the growing HiPo Team.
- Join a fast-paced, innovative pharmaceutical manufacturing start-up, working with HP APIs.
- Work as part of a small, family-feel team where everyone has a voice.
- Join the company at a pivotal point, contributing to development and progression.
What you’ll be doing:
- Leading the development, installation, and operation of highly potent chemistry 0.1-1 mg/m3 capability.
- Establishing, maintaining and improving strategy for highly potent contaminants.
- Make sure all parts of the highly potent workflow are considered, including ordering and raw material storage, synthesis and analytical measurement, waste management and incident response.
- Developing workflows, procedures, and SOPs and ensuring safe working with the team.
- Maintaining and improving safe and compliant operations.
- Mentoring and coaching others in highly potent pharmaceutical development.
- Performing multi-step synthesis, isolation, purification, and characterisation of small organic compounds.
- Applying modern synthetic methods to design efficient routes to target molecules.
- Performing scale-up of key intermediates and compounds.
What experience you’ll need to apply:
- BSc/MSc in Chemistry, Organic Synthetic Chemistry, Process Chemistry, or similar related degree.
- Experience in Process Chemistry.
- Solid understanding in risk and mitigation strategies.
- Ability to conduct lab work in compliance with organisational technical standards and GLP.
- Awareness of technical challenges and opportunities when developing highly potent materials.
- Experience working in Isolators or in a regulated environment (eg GMP) is desirable.
- Experience working in high-contaminant manufacturing is highly desirable.
What you’ll get in return for your experience:
To be part of a small dynamic team, you can really impact the highly potent pharmaceutical development space. As the company continues to grow, there is opportunity for excellent career progression.
Salary £34,000-£48,000 depending on experience negotiable. Generous pension. Share options in the company. Yearly bonus. Wellbeing programme.
If you’re looking for an exciting and challenging Lead Scientist position speak to Kimberly Pretorius.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— Join a fast-growing, chemical recycling company contributing to the circular economyLocation:Loughborough, UKSalary:£22,500-£25,000
— Innovative Oxford scale-upLocation:Oxford, UKSalary:Very competitive with bonus and shares