IT Network Support Engineer
— Network Infrastructure, Telecoms & Security Systems
- Progressive, service in the public sector.
- Large scale, single site network & telco support.
- High performing support team, providing a business critical function.
2nd/3rd Line Engineer needed within a national public service, responsible for support and maintenance of the network infrastructure, telecoms and security systems. With exciting career progression prospects, you will be playing a vital role within the support team. Giving input on the diagnosis of problems, while ensuring optimal reliability and infrastructure performance.
What skills you’ll need
- Excellent commercial knowledge of CISCO, Wireless, Skype for Business, Remote Access Systems and the Microsoft toolset (e.g. Windows OS, Active Directory).
- Extensive IT troubleshooting exposure (in a 2nd or 3rd line capacity).
- Working understanding of VOIP telecoms and mobile systems - engineering, design, implementation and support.
- Detailed awareness of Firewall functionality (such as Darktrace) would be advantageous.
- High functioning levels of self-motivation, a real ‘GSD’ mentality.
- Very strong customer service orientation; dealing with various end users and stakeholders.
- Ability to effectively prioritise tasks, while working in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience of working in a team-oriented, collaborative workforce.
What you’ll be doing
While being part of a wider support team, this role functions within a team of 3 support engineers. Playing a key part in the operations functionality, you will be maintaining and developing desktop/end user IT Systems, Network and Telecoms. To ensure complete support coverage, the team works a shift pattern, one that involves and evening and weekend on call rota.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
You’ll be rewarded with a competitive salary, with a generous benefits package that includes; excellent pension, 25 days holiday, flexible working options, free parking and more. You’d be joining a friendly team, who love what they do and be presented with the chance to add significant value to a well-respected organisation.
To discuss this opportunity further, send your CV to Rich or call to find out more.