Software Engineer (.Net)
— Rapidly expanding FinTech start-up
- Innovative start-up with the security and financial stability of a larger business.
- Opportunity for future progression.
- Events, conferences, training, amazing offices and more!
An exciting FinTech start-up is doubling the size of their development team over the next 12 months. Youll be based in nice, modern offices in Cardiff, complete with Games Room and free on site Gym! They were named as one of Techworlds Top 10 UK FinTech Start-ups to watch in 2016 and have only continued that success since. Significant new revenue and investment has allowed then to begin realising their ambitious growth plans and this is the perfect time to join in that journey. Please note that the wider salary range is due to the business considering applicants at various levels of seniority.
What experience you'll need
- Youll be an experienced Full-Stack Developer, working with C#, .NET, MVC & SQL Server.
- Experience working with Visual Studio and Source Control (TFS, VSTS).
- Experience working in a Scrum environment (Scrum Certification would be a bonus for the senior position).
- An understanding of Cloud technologies (Azure, AWS, Docker).
- Front-end development and/or creative skills would be useful but not essential.
- Team leadership or previous management experience would be highly beneficial.
- Knowing multiple technical languages would definitely make you stand out.
- DevOps/ Automation experience is a bonus.
What you'll be doing
You will be working closely with the rest of the development team on a range of web apps, from bespoke MVC apps to Umbraco CMS. Youll also be working on web services, back-end code (integrating with third party APIs and SQL Server databases) and the mobile app (iOS & Android, building using Ionic 3 / AngularJS). Its an Agile development environment and fast-paced, usually looking to release new features several times a week. Following a major partnership with a larger organisation, there are a number of key projects due to kick off, primarily centred on continuous improvements to their product and maintaining the service/software that has been integrated into their partner's website and mobile app.
What you'll get in return for your talents
For starters, you will be in an environment that encourages personal development and wants to continue growing a progressive tech stack. Youll work in amazing offices with a games room and free gym with a sociable group who do everything from the standard Friday beers to attending events and hosting hackathons. Given their major new partnership / investment, this is the perfect time to join the expanding team and theres excellent future progression available for all staff, particularly in the near future for the senior position in which youll look to take direct line responsibility for the next new team thats built.
Do you want to be a part of a truly exciting company? Then apply now or contact Joe for more information!
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
Web Development & Software Engineering jobsSearch all jobs
— Open Source & Functional ProgrammingLocation:BristolSalary:£58K - £95K
— High Growth, Digital Consultancy, Progressive TechLocation:West WiltshireSalary:£40K-£50K
— High profile projectsLocation:BathType:Salary:Up to £250 p/day