— Award-winning tech consultancy
- Excellent training & involvement in the tech community.
- Incredibly diverse client base spread across multiple industries.
- Modern and progressive technology stack (Java, Scala, Spring, NodeJS, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, Selenium).
Java Developers needed for an award-winning, delivery-focused tech consultancy in Swansea. Founded in the 90's, the business currently employs c1500 people with offices across the UK and in the US. Boasting an incredibly diverse client base, they work with a range of primarily blue chip businesses, offering exposure to multiple industries including retail, local/central government and technology. They are considering candidates at different levels of seniority hence the wider salary range.
What skills you'll need
- Significant Java development experience with exposure to relevant frameworks/libraries.
- Extensive knowledge of REST APIs.
- Understanding of Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban) as well as TDD/BDD principles.
- Solid understanding of cloud technology (AWS, serverless would be useful).
- Exposure to deployment automation tools (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Docker etc.). Any containerisation experience (Tomcat, Weblogic, Kubernetes etc.) would be advantageous.
- Any automated testing knowledge would also be beneficial (Selenium, Cucumber & Fitnesse).
What you'll be doing
Joining an innovative delivery team with a full-stack focus, you will be working on-site at a long-standing public sector client, building high-level & unique solutions alongside a bunch of motivated engineers. You will be solution-oriented, offering a good understanding of various technology fundamentals, such as logic, software design concepts & data structures. This is an all-encompassing role within an Agile environment, so it's expected you will be able to understand things like deployment automation, testing & CI/CD. No day is the same, you will need to be adaptable to various frameworks & ways of working, in order to meet the client needs across multiple projects at any one time.
What you'll get in return for your experience
On top of a generous salary and an experienced team to work alongside & learn from, the company will offer a benefits package which includes healthcare & income protection, flexible working hours, great pension scheme, a competitive rewards structure as well as free snacks in the office, tech talks and regular socials! There are plenty of progression opportunities on offer as well with access to various tech conferences and courses, as well as continuous on-the-job learning from other peers within the company.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for an amazing company, so if you're interested, send your CV to Joe ASAP or give us a call to have a chat!
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
Web Development & Software Engineering jobsSearch all jobs
— eCommerce consultancy/Lifestyle brandsLocation:BristolSalary:Up to £30k
— exciting opportunity within IoTLocation:WiltshireSalary:£75K
— Incredible opportunity to progressLocation:BristolSalary:£50K - £65K