Software Engineer (.NET)
— Successful and expanding FinTech start-up
- Innovative start-up with the security and financial stability of a larger business.
- Opportunity for future progression.
- Events, conferences, training, amazing offices and more!
An exciting FinTech start-up has recently secured a major new contract and so is now looking to double the size of the development team from 3 to 6. These 3 new hires will be made up of two Software Engineers (£35K) and a Senior Software Engineer (£45K). You’ll be based in nice, modern offices in Cardiff, complete with Games Room and free on site Gym! They were named as one of Techworld’s Top 10 UK FinTech Start-ups to watch in 2016 and have only continued that success throughout 2017. Significant new revenue and investment has allowed then to begin realizing their ambitious growth plans and this is the perfect time to join in that journey.
What experience you'll need
- You’ll be an experienced Software Engineer, working with C#, .NET & SQL Server.
- Experience working with Visual Studio and Source Control (TFS, VSTS).
- Experience working in a Scrum environment (Scrum Certification would be a bonus for the senior position).
- An understanding of Cloud technologies would be a bonus (Azure, AWS, Docker).
- Front-end development and/or creative skills would be useful but not essential.
- Team leadership or previous management experience would be highly beneficial for the senior position.
- Also for the senior position; knowing multiple technical languages would definitely make you stand out.
- DevOps/ Automation experience is a bonus for either role.
What you'll be doing
You will be working closely with the rest of the development team on a range of web apps, from bespoke MVC apps to Umbraco CMS. You’ll also be working on web services, back-end code (integrating with third party APIs and SQL Server databases) and the mobile app (iOS & Android, building using Ionic 3 / AngularJS). It’s an Agile development environment and fast-paced, usually looking to release new features several times a week. A major partnership has recently been announced and so this will mean a number of key new projects that you will be focussing on, primarily based around integrating the service/software into the new partner’s systems.
What you'll get in return for your talents
For starters, you will be in an environment that encourages personal development and wants to continue growing a progressive tech stack. You’ll work in amazing offices with a games room and free gym with a sociable group who do everything from the standard Friday beers to attending events and hosting hackathons. Given their major new partnership / investment, this is the perfect time to join the expanding team and there’s excellent future progression available for all staff, particularly in the near future for the senior position in which you’ll look to take direct line responsibility for the next new team that’s built.
Do you want to be a part of a truly exciting company? Then apply now or contact Jack for more information!Back to jobs