PHP Web Developer
— Expanding creative design agency
Salary: £26K - £30K
- Diverse development stack with scope to bring on new technologies.
- Remote working options, flexi-time, excellent training & development opportunities.
- Plenty of socials & days out, collaborative working environment.
An established creative design agency in Cardiff is looking for a PHP Web Developer to join their team at the moment. The company focuses on 3 core areas; brand & identity, graphic design and web development, with two developers and four designers currently in the team and an aim to double their size in the next 12 months due to a rapid rise in workload. They are moving offices in the next 2 months to a brand-new space on Cardiff Bay as well so you’ll be right in the heart of the harbour side buzz!
What skills you’ll need
- Extensive knowledge of HTML5, CSS3 and PHP development.
- Any PHP frameworks (Laravel, Magento, WordPress etc.) would be beneficial.
- Any understanding of Webpack, Sass, Git, ES6 or Grunt/Gulp is desirable.
- Proven ability of analysing requirements to create effective solutions.
What you’ll be doing
Sitting in a development team of 3 you will take responsibility for developing a breadth of solutions using PHP primarily. The company’s client base is very diverse and spreads across multiple sectors; for all projects you will focus on brand & identity. You will be involved in taking the client through a workshop to fully understand their needs, before liaising with the designers to decide the best approach to take in developing the website or application. There may be a client-facing aspect to the role as well so you’ll need to be personable & communicative, self-starting and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
What you’ll get in return for your experience
On top of a generous salary the business offers flexi-time options and occasional remote working which may increase with time. They are very supportive of training as well, so if there are any courses or qualifications that you feel would benefit your ability, they will offer funding and support to do so. It’s a very social environment with monthly outings as an office, pizza parties and Friday night drinks too. They even have their own in-house games room if that’s your thing!
This is a very exciting opportunity so if you're interested, give Joe a call or send in your CV to have a chat!Back to jobs