Test Automation Lead
— Scope to implement new technologies
Salary: £50K - £60K
- Start-up culture with the financial backing of a FTSE 100 company.
- Brand-new & rapidly expanding team with excellent scope for progression.
- Diverse product line utilising modern technologies.
One of the fastest growing financial services companies in the UK is looking for a Test Automation Lead to join a new & striving team in Cardiff. The business are looking to provide an affordable solution for car sharing insurance, targeting drivers who have either passed their test or are learning, who don’t necessarily own their own vehicle. As the company grows & code releases start happening several times a day, the need for automation is key so this role will play an integral part in that transition. The company are in a great position having a start-up culture with the financial backing of a FTSE 100 organisation, so it’s a great time to be joining them.
What skills you’ll need
- Proven knowledge of test automation with experience in a lead role.
- Ability to build test automation frameworks from scratch.
- Significant understanding of BDD (Cucumber or similar).
- Extensive knowledge of Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Good knowledge of non-functional test tooling (i.e Loadrunner.io) & various defect tracking tools.
- Experience of testing various web applications using higher-level frameworks such as Mocha, Jasmine or Cucumber.
- Any knowledge of SQL would be beneficial.
- An ISTQB or equivalent qualification would be handy, but not essential.
What you’ll be doing
Managing a talented test automation team, you will report into the Head of Engineering and take responsibility for creating & implementing an effective test strategy across multiple product lines in the business. You will be an advocate for Agile practices, producing full-stack automated tests across both web & mobile applications, ensuring that you are managing defects through to closure. Once set up, you will be responsible for developing & maintaining the test automation framework, promoting continuous improvement within the team and suggesting new & effective test approaches & tools to bring into the business.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
Firstly, this business can offer you the culture & environment of a start-up but offering the financial stability of a large FTSE 100 organisation which, from a career progression point of view, is a really good position to be in. The team are very social & collaborative, offering support at all times & sharing new & exciting ideas between each other. The benefits package is very generous too, offering a share package based on company performance, good work/life balance with flexi-time and a healthy pension scheme to name a few things. The benefits package is only going to improve as the company expands alongside it!
Want to find out more? Send your CV to Ellen or give us a call to have a chat about the role.Back to jobs