Head of Digital Capability
— FTSE 100, Global Transformation
- Senior role within the leadership team of an internationally successful organisation.
- Influential role in the success of a high-visibility digital transformation programme.
- Chance to tackle complex and satisfying problems in driving high-level organisational change.
This is a brand new role in the digital leadership team for a globally recognisable organisation as they work through a substantial programme of organisational and digital transformation.
What you'll be doing
As part of a five-strong leadership team, you'll all have shared responsibility for ensuring that the (sizeable) investment that the organisation is making in innovating its B2B digital suite of enterprise solutions and products is a success. Your specific remit is around ensuring that the business processes, team structure and operating models are in place to realise the strategic objectives of the digital function.
This covers five main areas; day to day business management (running a £50m people business, wrapping your head around the finances, ensuring team structures and headcount are future-proof and able to deliver against objectives, ensuring the office space remains fit for purpose), building out the capability (working closely with suppliers, third parties, recruitment partners and internal stakeholders to ensure the talent and capability exists to deliver on goals, building out future-proof team structures and owning headcount growth), leading the culture (this will form a sizeable part of the role - identifying, owning, evangelising and fostering a positive, dynamic, committed, innovative and forward-thinking culture and pulling a diverse matrix of internal and external stakeholders on board with the vision, mission and roadmap of change), multi-location resource management (juggling the disparate capabilities spread across 4 main locations, across 3 countries and 2 continents, deciding what should be delivered from which location and keeping the teams in harmony) and, finally, you'll own the operational risk associated with the programme.
So, in short, you'll be responsible for answering the question of how to design the fabric of digital and to keep it going. Simple!
What experience you'll need
- Operational ownership of large-scale digital transformation or product driven functions.
- Having operated at a senior level in large-scale corporations and an understanding of the reality of driving through digital change in this sort of environment.
- Full operational responsibility for functions with a similar scale, and a positive track record of driving meaningful organisational transformation.
- As much as it's important for you to have the 'checks and balances' and BAU elements of the role covered, this is a change role at heart - you'll be experienced in transitioning large corporations and driving through effective digital transformation at scale.
- You'll be passionate about process, operating models, continually challenging the best way to get things done.
- You'll have the softer, EQ-driven skills required to negotiate, influence and collaborate with senior-level stakeholders in a high-visibility programme to achieve common goals.
What you'll get in return for your talents.
This is a senior level role with a high level of accountability attached, so as you'd expect there is a suitable remuneration package attached. There is a six-figure basic salary on offer, dependent on experience, on top of a market-leading set of benefits and a sizeable bonus structure. The core thing here is the chance to play a truly influential role in one of the more exciting transformation programmes that Bristol has seen in a while.
Please get in touch with Gabby with a CV today for a confidential conversation around the small print.Back to jobs