You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
General Manager / Head of Operations
— High-Growth Tech Scale-up
- Chance to take one of region's giddiest success stories on the next stage of their astronomical growth.
- Own company culture, team culture and design the scalable operating policies that'll enable the company to hit its (very) ambitious growth targets.
- Help the company redefine 'what work means' in the 21st century.
What a gem of an opportunity. Nestled in the heart of Bath is the little company that can. Dead set on their mission to not only transform the industry they're disrupting with their B2C tech platform and subscription-based service, but also to transform the world of work, culture and employee engagement. As they expand rapidly at home in the UK and globally, you will be joining them in a senior and crucial role, helping them on their journey to be the company that did.
What you'll be doing
Reporting directly in to the founder and CEO, you'll have overall responsibility for the operational, logistical and people side of the business. Starting as more of a typical 'Head of Operations' role, the view for this role (with the right person on board) is that it evolves in to a UK General Manager role with overall responsibility for business operations in the UK as the organisation scales around the world. From day one, you'll have direct line management responsibility for a small and growing team (currently 5 people) - but you'll also have dotted-line managerial responsibility for the development, engagement and broader business culture evolution for employees across the entire business (currently around 40 people).
In a short time frame, this team will be expanding to closer to the 120 person mark - your role in that journey will be to define and bring to life the company culture, own the structure and processes that will make that as seamless as possible, automating these processes wherever possible and ensuring that the mission, vision and values of the business are properly embedded from bottom to top (although 'hierarchy' will be something of a dirty word here). You'll also own the more logistical and administrative side of things - sourcing office space, P&L management, management reporting and generally keeping the good ship afloat. As this is a high-growth young tech business, a big element of your role will also focus around applying for grants, keeping ahead of government schemes and ensuring that you're making the most of what's on offer to support businesses like this as they grow.
What experience you'll need
- Previous experience in owning the ops, culture and processes for a high-growth B2C tech scale-up that successful scaled from 30ish to 100 people plus (this is really the dominant requirement).
- Successful experience of automating and optimising people and business processes to enable significant growth.
- Rock solid people development and management skills, with an innate understanding of how to get the best out of people.
- Experience in owning and defining world-class company culture and really bringing this to life for commercial gains.
- A passion for what the future holds for 'work' and ideas for how a modern company should be engaging with employees.
What you'll get in return for your talents
From a salary perspective, we're genuinely looking to be led by the market. If you've got what we're looking for and can demonstrate you're the one to take the business through this journey - we can make it work. The big thing here is the nature and scale of the opportunity - how often does something with as much potential as this crop up?
Whilst the business in based in Bath, they're looking for world-class talent regardless of where you live, so if you're looking at doing this role predominantly from home with trips in to Bath weekly - and indeed designing the required policies to ensure the company can harness the best talent in the world regardless of where they live - definitely still get in touch.
Please get in touch with Gabby with a CV today for a confidential chat around the small print.Back to jobs
This job has now been filled but you may be interested in: