— PHP, Laravel, Vue, AWS stack
- Lead the future development of an award-winning product.
- Chance to grow an engineering team around you.
- Tech4Good role with significant impact on charitable projects.
I’m helping an award-winning EdTech scale-up to find a Tech Lead to join small but growing team, with scope to shape the future progression of their platform. The product is designed to support children all across the world, providing personalised approaches to different learning styles, strengths and weaknesses. With lovely offices in Bath and scope to work from home 2-3 days a week once restrictions lift, this is a great chance for a Technical Lead to make a real-life difference through Tech4Good.
What skills you’ll need
- Proven experience in a Lead role, preferably split between hands-on and off.
- Comfortable with strategic work at management level.
- Full-Stack expertise with fluency in PHP/Laravel, or another open source stack.
- Significant knowledge of API and Microservices development.
- Automated and unit testing experience, using things like PHPUnit or similar.
- Understanding of the AWS ecosystem (EC2, RDS, Aurora etc.).
- Appreciation for scalability and usability.
- Any mobile experience would be beneficial.
What you’ll be doing
Joining a team of 7 with scope to grow rapidly, you’ll take the lead on future development of the business’ award-winning learning platform. There is already an established customer base which is growing constantly, so your focus will be on adding new features and functionalities to the platform with scalability and usability at the forefront of your approach. You’ll work to architecture level and support the business with R&D; there’s a lot of flexibility to introduce new tools and frameworks to benefit the product. There are ambitious plans to scale up and it’s expected that you’ll head up growth of the engineering team, so any previous experience in hiring would be really useful. This role is about 25% hands-on with the rest being leadership and strategic work, so you'll need to be comfortable becoming more hands-off as the team grows.
What you’ll get in return for your experience
This business are massive advocates for R&D so you can be sure you’ll be in an environment that will support you in introducing new tools, frameworks and emerging tech. They offer a healthy salary with share options, remote working 2-3 days a week (once restrictions lift) and flexible working arrangements for those who need it. As well as that, they offer 25 days hols, onsite parking, various perks like gym membership, weekly lunches, socials (soon!) and a healthy pension scheme. More than anything, this Tech4Good role will allow you to rest easy, knowing that you’re working on pioneering products that will support children in education across the globe.
Sound like the role for you? Send your profile to Joe or give us a call to find out more!
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— Visit live sporting events to see your work come to life!Location:MalvernSalary:£30K - £40K
— Innovative insurtech businessLocation:London - RemoteSalary:£90000 - £100000
— Diverse projects, incredibly talented teamLocation:Bristol / RemoteSalary:£50K - £70K