Senior Back-End Developer - NodeJS
— Open to Java, Ruby or PHP
- Diverse tech stack including Node, PHP, Java & Ruby.
- Strong brand with a collaborative culture that breeds innovation.
- Excellent L&D potential (online conferences & training encouraged).
A world leading specialist focused on active lifestyle and sport is expanding across all their teams with a need for a Senior Back-End Developer. They've gone from strength to strength in the past two years and have grown their development team to roughly 35, with no plans to stop there!
What skills you’ll be needing
- Significant knowledge of scalable server-side development in NodeJS.
- Knowledge of designing and building RESTful / GraphQL API’s.
- Appreciation for best practice surrounding engineering, design, security, testing.
- Understanding of DevOps principles, including tools like Jenkins, CircleCI, Docker etc.
- Cloud-native / PaaS knowledge is desirable (AWS, GCP, Azure, serverless etc.).
Please note that the business would consider applicants from a Java/Ruby/PHP background as long as you have some awareness of NodeJS or a desire to work with it.
What you’ll be doing
Joining a multi-disciplined development team you’ll be supporting the design and build of various web apps that aims to be integrated into the business’ existing infrastructure, offering a focus on scalability on the server-side. You’ll be connected to the product team to keep visions aligned, as well as producing reusable code with high engineering standards with that can be passed on to other engineers joining the team later down the line.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
One of the best parts about working here is the environment. Of course, as things are, you’ll be fully remote to start with, but if all goes well, from the new year it’ll be 2/3 days remote and the rest in the very enjoyable and cool office space in the centre of Bath. You’ll be provided with the best kit, a generous salary, great holiday entitlement, company bike rides each summer during office hours, free lunch every month before payday and even a free birthday pizza lunch out!
Give Joe a call to find out more, or send in your CV to be considered!
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— EdTech software specialistsLocation:BristolSalary:£20K-£25K
— 3 Months Initial - Remote WorkingLocation:Remote + LondonType:Salary:Up to £425 p/day
— Brand-new scrum teamLocation:MalvernSalary:£30K - £45K