Back-End Engineers (Java, .Net or Node)
— Chance to learn another server-side language
- Delivery-focused digital hub within a global tech business.
- Chance to pick up a huge range of tech across a wide range of industries.
- High-level creative solutions for iconic brands and household names.
An internationally renowned digital tech giant is continuing to scale up their South West Tech Hub with plans to hire several Back-End Engineers throughout 2021. With scope to grow from 60 to 200 over the next 2 years, this opportunity will offer excellent scope for progression and a great chance to pick up a range of modern and emerging technology whilst supporting a diverse project base with some of the industry's leaders in tech. Please note that you’ll need to be eligible for SC clearance due to the nature of some of the projects. They're considering applicants from mid-senior level.
What skills you’ll need
- Proven experience with either Java, C#.Net or Node on the server-side.
- Relevant tools and frameworks like Spring/Hibernate, or ASP.Net/.Net Core.
- Working knowledge of an automation testing tool (Junit, Spock, Gatling or Selenium).
- Ability to create RESTful API’s and use source control, ideally Git.
- Understanding of containerisation (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Exposure to at least one cloud platform (AWS, Azure, GCP, Digital Ocean etc.)
- An awareness of the DevOps culture of working would be beneficial.
- Relational & non-relational database knowledge.
- Background in an Agile/Scrum environment.
They are happy to consider any Back-End Engineer with skills in Java, C#, Node or similar. Due to the multi-project nature, there are options to cross-train into another language so you can work on different projects across the team! (e.g. joining as a Java Engineer, skilling up in Node then re-deploying onto another project).
What you’ll be doing
Joining a solution-oriented team with scope for rapid expansion, you will be responsible for building a variety of progressive digital solutions across the business’ global client base. You will play a key role in leading the design, development and integration of large-scale technical platforms, from eCommerce platforms to cloud based CRM applications and more. Working with such a diverse range of clients, you will need to be adaptable to various frameworks and ways of working, gathering requirements and developing maintainable solutions compatible with existing technology environments. You will adopt a DevOps approach to development, using a range of deployment and automation tools.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
An incredible opportunity to work for a Times Top 50 Employer who’ve won awards for their flexibility in the workplace. They are offering a competitive salary with outstanding long-term progression, training and development, access to courses and conferences alongside a formidable benefits package. You can expect generous holidays (25 days), a discretionary bonus, healthy pension (matched up to 8%) and a flexible benefits scheme tailored to your preferences! This is a fantastic chance to be a key part of a growing technology team in stunning new offices designed to hold regular tech meetups, show and tells and drive innovation through their work (once restrictions lift).
To hear more about this great opportunity, send your CV to Joe or give us a call to find out more.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— TypeScript, React, NextjsLocation:LondonSalary:Up to £75,000
— EdTech software specialistsLocation:BristolSalary:£30K-£45K
— Not-for-Profit clientsLocation:BristolSalary:£50K-£60K