— Tech4Good scale-up, sustainable engineering
- Progressive scale-up with a mission of greening the planet.
- React, Node, TypeScript, Docker, Kubernetes, GraphQL, GCP.
- Sustainable engineering, rapid growth, incredibly talented team.
A very successful scale-up with a mission of greening the planet are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join them in Bristol. Since setting up a few years ago they’ve been featured in Apple’s ‘app of the week’ and have over 180,000 registrations. It’s a very exciting time to join with ambitious scale-up plans in place, there’s lots of cool tech in the company and a very talented bunch of engineers to be connected to!
What experience you'll need
- Proven background in DevOps with ability to coach development teams on best practice.
- Skilled in at least one cloud platform, ideally Google but happy to consider others.
- Knowledge of Microservices and RESTful APIs.
- Experience with containerisation (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Understanding of infrastructure-as-code, preferably Terraform.
- Appreciation for CI/CD (they use CircleCI) and automated testing.
- Awareness of observability, monitoring and SQL databases.
- Experience with large-scale web apps and ideally mobile apps would be useful.
- Good problem-solving skills and ideally a passion for GreenTech/Tech4Good.
What you’ll be doing
This role sits in a small but growing platform team that supports the wider engineering teams with best practice. As a start-up, adaptability is key and you’ll need to be prepared to be involved in all aspects of the business, including improving their monitoring & automation processes, upgrading databases/infrastructure, architectural decisions and shaping engineering values and efficiency. The products are very much user-facing and the entire stack is written in TypeScript; there is a mobile app and a bespoke web app – every developer is able to deliver entire vertical features from databases, deployments, services and the front-end. React and React Native are used on the front-end, backed by a GraphQL API implemented with NodeJS with Postgres running on Kubernetes. The development team has a tendency towards functional style of programming (with pair programming) and focus on testing, continuous integration and continuous delivery.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
You’ll be entitled to the standard stuff like 25 days holiday, pension etc. but the softer benefits are great tech, free fruit, team socials/days out, central location, remote work, flat structure, self-directed autonomous working, machine learning, standing desks, pair programming, attending meet-ups (now online...) and hackathons etc. You also get to work with a small, experienced team that has each other’s backs. You get to choose your own equipment and have budget for books, or whatever you need to do your job better. You will be part of a new company working with the latest tech on building a community with a positive impact on the planet. Also, you have flexible working hours and the business are remote friendly (core are 10-4).
If you’d like to apply or find out more just give Joe a call or send in your CV to be considered!
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— Exciting opportunity to drive innovationLocation:Remote/LondonSalary:£80000 - £95000
— Well-reputed Design & eCommerce AgencyLocation:Bath / 100% RemoteSalary:£25K - £30K
— Diverse greenfield projects which you'll leadLocation:Bristol / RemoteSalary:£50K - £55K