Junior Test Technician
— World-leading haptic and tracking technologies
We are seeking a graduate/junior engineer to join a multidisciplinary team in a pioneering tech company, with world-leading haptic & tracking technologies. Previous exposure to a tech-based manufacturing environment would be a great bonus, however, no extensive experience is needed. You will be working on the development of hardware products designed for the automotive, consumer, industrial, XR, entertainment, medical sectors, and more. In this role, you will be running ATE machines to test clients’ high-tech electronic devices including leading free space haptics, hand tracking, and ultrasonic components.
- Pioneering tech company with world-leading haptic & tracking tech.
- Work on highly innovative products in a progressive tech-driven environment.
- Real chance for a career progression and new skills development.
What you’ll be doing
- Operating automated test equipment (ATE).
- Running manual test equipment, failure analysis, lab/bench instruments, use of tooling, jigs, and fixtures.
- Collaborating with the engineering multidisciplinary teams, contributing to the development and improvement of test systems and processes.
- Working on the electro-mechanical assemblies, prototype products, in-house test equipment, etc.
- Carrying out work instructions and standard operating procedures.
- Performing preventative maintenance tasks.
What experience you’ll need
- A degree or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline (electronics, electrical, mechanical engineering, etc).
- Previous hands-on experience in a technology-based manufacturing environment (new product integration) would be an advantage.
- Fundamentals of electronic schematics and mechanical drawings.
- Familiarity with cable assemblies and the ability to solder thru-hole and SMT components.
- Knowledge of CAD software and Python programming language would be a bonus.
- Competent in using standard lab equipment, hand, and power tools.
- Eagerness to learn and develop new skills, ability to work as a part of the team and independently on your own.
What you’ll get in return
An incredible opportunity to join a world leader in the touchless technology space, offering a diverse and inclusive environment and a real career progression scheme. You will be a part of a multidisciplinary team, learning from senior technicians and developing crucial skills for the future. You will contribute to the development of new technologies – found nowhere else in the world. Alongside the salary, you’ll get a healthy pension (401(k) plan), generous holidays, medical benefits including healthcare, wellbeing programs, social events as well as the opportunity to use their products!
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— Highly detailed construction materialsLocation:Bristol, UKSalary:34,000
— Water analytics technologyLocation:California or Texas, USA, UKSalary:$135,000
— Biotechnology ResearchLocation:Cambridge, UKSalary:£40,000 - £50,000