Network Solutions Engineer
— Not-for-Profit Business
- Majority remote working, anywhere in the UK.
- Tech4Good business in the education sector.
- Impressive benefits, flexible working, career progression.
I’m looking for a Network Solutions Engineer to join a leading not-for-profit who provide digital services and solutions to the higher education sector. They focus on using technology as a force for good, improving people’s lives through education and research. The role can be based out of any of their UK sites (Bristol, Cheltenham, Manchester, London, Glasgow) and offers majority remote working with occasional trips to the office for team meetings (likely once a month or two).
What skills you’ll need
- Proven experience in network design, using common patterns or defined architectures.
- Background in networking / security within a telecoms environment.
- Understanding of network systems and transmission design, using Ciena 6500, Packet Devices, Juniper MX or similar.
- Familiar with MPLS, IPv4/IPv6 and BGP.
- Awareness of cloud service provider and associated network requirements.
- Pre-sales experience.
- Ability to translate user requirements into detailed diagrams.
- Effective communicator (both verbally and written), able to provide tech direction to customers, making recommendations etc.
What you’ll being doing
Joining a team of 6 and reporting into the Chief Network Architect, you’ll be focused on bridging the gap between end users and network architecture to deliver effective solutions for each individual/customer. You’ll be able to navigate and articulate the network and connectivity portfolio, providing technical support and guidance throughout the pre-sales process by identifying both technical & business requirements before designing and implementing an effective solution. Other responsibilities include delivering product demos, working on customer network re-configs and building proposals for network delivery.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
The role offers 25 days holiday (plus bank hols and an extra 3-days at Christmas!), along with a range of health and well-being benefits, access to a well-being platform, lots of discounts on products, season ticket loans, financial well-being benefits, Cycle2Work scheme and more. They’ll provide you with a generous pension plan, parental leave arrangements for those who need it, career/volunteer leave, the list goes on! They’re also heavily focused on learning and development and will back you to take any courses/conferences that will benefit your progression.
Like the sound of this one? Send your CV to Joe to find out more.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— Digital TransformationLocation:Northampton or Croxley, UKSalary:45000
— UK's largest news publisherLocation:London/Remote, UKSalary:Up to £75,000pa
— Join a growing tech scaleupLocation:Remote, UKSalary:Up to £120,000