Back to all jobs 7th OctBack to all jobs
— Award-winning technology consultancy
£45K - £70K
- Excellent training & access to various courses and tech conferences.
- Incredibly diverse client base spread across multiple industries.
- Modern and progressive technology stack (Java, Scala, Spring, Docker, Chef, Ruby, Selenium).
Java Developer needed for an award-winning, delivery-focused tech consultancy in Central Bristol. Founded in the 90's, the business currently employs over 1400 people with offices across the UK and in the US. Boasting an incredibly diverse client base, they work with a range of primarily blue chip businesses, offering exposure to multiple industries including retail, local/central government and technology. They are considering candidates at different levels of seniority hence the wider salary range.
What skills you'll need
- Significant Java development experience with exposure to its relevant frameworks, such as JPA, Hibernate or Spring. Any knowledge of Scala would be really handy, but this is a "nice to have".
- Understanding of Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban) as well as TDD/BDD principles.
- Proven awareness of scripting using Python, BASH or Ruby.
- Exposure to deployment automation tools (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Docker etc.). Any containerisation experience (Tomcat, Weblogic, Kubernetes etc.) would be advantageous.
- Any automated testing knowledge would also be beneficial (Selenium, Cucumber & Fitnesse).
What you'll be doing
Joining an innovative delivery team with a full-stack focus, you will be responsible for building a variety of both greenfield & ongoing solutions across a very diverse client base, ensuring that you understand both functional and non-functional requirements in order to produce high-quality software. No day is the same in this role, you will need to be adaptable to various frameworks & ways of working, in order to meet the client needs across multiple projects at any one time. You will be expected to adopt a DevOps approach to development, using a range of deployment & automation tools. As a consultancy, there may be times where you will be required to travel to different locations so this is something that you must be open to (nothing extensive).
What you'll get in return for your experience
On top of a generous salary and an experienced team to work alongside & learn from, the company will offer a benefits package which includes healthcare & income protection, flexible working hours, great pension scheme, a competitive rewards structure as well as free snacks in the office, tech talks and regular socials! There are plenty of progression opportunities on offer as well with access to various tech conferences and courses, as well as continuous on-the-job learning from other peers within the company.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for an amazing company, so if you're interested, send your CV to Joe ASAP or give us a call to have a chat!
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
jobsSearch all jobs
104 jobs found