Lead Java Engineer
— Rapid Business Growth & Progressive Tech Environment
- Global business with an exciting new digital hub.
- Progressive and adaptable technology exposure spread across multiple stacks.
- High-level creative solutions for global organisations and household brands.
Cutting edge and globally renowned technology titan joining the Bristol tech community! With plans to grow beyond 200 over the next 2 years, they are looking for a Tech Lead to join their outstanding base of operations. Presenting you with the opportunity to take full ownership in developing an innovative team from the ground up. This opportunity offers unparalleled scope and gain exposure to a number of new, modern and emerging technologies.
What skills you’ll need
- Commercial background in developing solutions in NodeJS, within an Agile (Scrum/Kanban) environment. In addition to significant knowledge of Angular 2+ / TypeScript.
- Significant experience in technical leadership and mentoring. Ideally with a proven background in scaling teams effectively.
- Expertise within a project-based environment, with an ability to take customers through the end-to-end delivery solution lifecycle.
- Exposure to various continuous integration & automated testing tools, that drive quality improvements.
- Awareness of “DevOps culture” and its inner methodologies would be beneficial.
- Experience in successfully taking the lead and initiative in business development. Owning solution design, planning and management of multiple projects.
- Demonstrable advocacy for best coding practice across your team, especially around security, performance, and usability.
What you’ll be doing
Acting as a hands-on technical leader, you will be taking responsibility for the creation & growth of multiple delivery functions. With the team and South West offering growing so rapidly, you will be expected to act as an exemplary advocate for best quality coding practices within an agile environment. Taking ownership of elements around solution design, you will liaise with the Business Analysts to build high-level technical specs, that are supported by the technical designs. You will be a mentor, creating the foundation of a supportive and collaborative environment, ensuring continued success across your team.
No day is the same in this role, offering huge variety and exposure to a broad range of progressive technologies, working within an innovative and collaborative team. Given your level of expertise, you will work with your team to ensure projects are delivered in adherence to predetermined and well scoped deadlines.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
Incredible opportunity to work for a Times Top 50 Employer, offering a competitive salary. Along with outstanding long term progression, training and development. You will also have access to courses and conferences alongside a fantastic benefits package. You can expect generous holidays, a discretionary bonus, healthy pension. A flexible benefits scheme tailored to your own personal preferences! This is a fantastic chance to be a key part of an expanding technology team in stunning new offices, designed to hold regular tech meetups, events and drive innovation.
To discuss this opportunity further, send your CV to Rich or call to find out more.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
Web Development & Software Engineering jobsSearch all jobs
— High Growth, Digital Consultancy, Progressive TechLocation:West WiltshireSalary:£40K-£50K
— High profile projectsLocation:BathType:Salary:Up to £250 p/day
— Somerset's best digital agencyLocation:TauntonSalary:£20K-£25K