— Own build & deployment automation
- Ongoing transformation with a focus on automation cross the business.
- Household brand with an 'agency style' development environment.
- Great benefits and offices (remote working, annual bonus, flexi-time).
One of the UK’s leading household names is looking to expanding their digital function with an Automation Developer. There’s an on-going digital transformation across the business and there are some really exciting projects in the pipeline. The digital team has enjoyed creating an agency style development environment, with all the resources and funding of a hugely successful business. There's a real emphasis on helping techies grow their skills and there will be support for training / courses and to learn new tech and best practice.
What skills you’ll be needing
- Ability to create automated build/deployment pipelines using Octopus/Azure DevOps.
- Skilled in building infrastructure from code using Ansible or Terraform.
- Development experience using MS & front-end technologies; C#, .Net Core, WCF, HTML, CSS, jQuery.
- Experience with MS Azure and public cloud.
- Understanding of API development & utilisation.
- Awareness of things like JIRA/Slack for planning, as well as automated testing principles relating to build & deployment.
- Scripting experience, ideally Bash, PowerShell or similar.
- Any knowledge of Docker containers and networking is desirable.
What you’ll be doing
Your primary responsibility will be to support the development team in creating automated build & deployment pipelines from the ground up, in order to optimise software delivery. You’ll be configuring infrastructure and utilising APIs to deliver solutions which are developed both internally and via 3rd party cloud services. You’ll be owning deployments across multiple environments, working closely with the wider digital team to offer advice & expertise on best practices, as well as involving yourself in code reviews. This role sits in between development & operations, so you’ll need an adaptable mindset with an ability to liaise with different teams and stakeholders to ensure timescale estimates are on-track and that delivery is at the highest possible level. Automation is a massive focus for the business so it’s expected that you will act as an advocate for other teams.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
As well as a generous salary, you’ll get the chance to join the team at a really exciting time for the business. The digital change puts you at the very forefront of the company’s future growth. You’ll be based in really nice offices, with perks like free parking, a sociable canteen, showers & changing rooms, remote working and an outside garden for when the suns out and some really nice break out areas. There’s also the chance for future progression through the team and business. You'll be offered training and support to take courses to learn and develop your skills with other technologies where needed.
Sound great? Send in your CV to Joe now or call in for a chat.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— awesome creative agencyLocation:Bath/remoteSalary:£28K - £45K
— renowned creative agencyLocation:Bath / remoteSalary:£28K - £45K
— Native Android & JavaLocation:NottinghamSalary:Up to £50,000