Web Development Manager
— Lead a talented web team
- Progressive, World-leading products used by millions.
- Flexible hours and remote working options.
- Gold Investors in People accredited organisation.
A technology company who build some extremely progressive products used by Scientists & Engineers from a range of industries and organisations around the world are looking for a Web Development Manager to join them remotely, with regular trips to their office in either Bristol or Malvern. The role will be fully remote initially, with up to 4 days remote a week once restrictions lift. With an existing team and rapid growth plans in place for 2021, this is a great opportunity for a dedicated Technical Leader to progress their career further whilst rewarding themselves by solving real-life challenges through technology.
What experience you’ll need
- Ability to manage a web team, providing technical direction and architectural oversight.
- Proven background in the MS web stack; C#.Net, MVC, .Net Core.
- Significant knowledge of installing, integrating and maintaining web CMS’, as well as website architecture.
- Experience in mentoring, team appraisals, recruitment, Agile/Scrum working.
- Project and development management tools (Atlassian ideally: Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket).
- Excellent internal/external stakeholder engagement skills, 3rd party management, supplier relationship management.
- Awareness of DevOps ways of working and cloud-based app development would be beneficial.
What you’ll be doing
This role takes ownership of the development of new features and functionality which will optimise the content management process, as well as leading on further development of key websites and integrations into marketing/business systems. You’ll lead a web development team, providing technical direction and oversight to architectural level, promoting web platform use across the marketing teams and wider business to enable the automation of content where possible/necessary. You’ll work with Product Owners, Business Systems and other Tech Leads to design and implement integrations which support wider objectives in the business, as well as managing/maintaining technical infrastructure and overseeing system administration surrounding the web. It’ll be expected you communicate well to your team, leading sprint planning, sprint reviews, retrospectives etc. and guiding other developers whilst you do this. You will be able to provide guidance and design direction as appropriate whilst solving product problems with wider engineering teams. You’ll also be comfortable liaising with key stakeholders and 3rd party suppliers.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
You’ll be entitled to 25 days holiday, flexi-time (core hours 10-12 and 2-3 Monday to Friday, 37.5 hour working week) with the opportunity for majority remote working with a trip to the office 1-2 times a week. As well as this you’ll get a discretionary annual bonus, healthcare cash plan, life assurance 4x salary, group personal pension scheme up to 6% contribution, company subsidized membership of local health clubs. You will be eligible to participate in the company profit share scheme, cycle to work scheme, share incentive plan, free car parking and employee development. They’re an Investors in People Gold accredited business which shows their commitment to personal progression and upskilling.
If you’d like to apply or find out more, just give Joe a call.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— Visit live sporting events to see your work come to life!Location:MalvernSalary:£30K - £40K
— Innovative insurtech businessLocation:London - RemoteSalary:£90000 - £100000
— Diverse projects, incredibly talented teamLocation:Bristol / RemoteSalary:£50K - £70K