Lead Mobile Developer
— Highly ethical brand
- Brand new cross-functional mobile development teams.
- Work with top flight talent on a highly ethical product.
- Work remotely 2 days of the week.
A highly established market leader is on track to becoming much more digitally focussed in their sector is building a new team of mobile developers and are in need of a Lead Mobile Developer specialist. The role will be based in Bristol in their satellite office soon to be a permanent hub. They are really looking to bridge the gap in their technology working on some cutting-edge features.
What skills you’ll be needing
- Previous Lead experience within an Agile environment
- Proficient with Objective-C or Swift, and Cocoa Touch
- Experience with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, etc.
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect iOS and Android applications to back-end services
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Knowledge of other web technologies and UI/UX standards
- Understanding of Apple’s & Android's design principles and interface guidelines
- Experience with performance and memory tuning with tools
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git, Mercurial or SVN
- Experience with continuous integration
- Experience working as part of a wider cross-functional agile design and development team
What you’ll be doing
As this company is bringing their mobile development in-house the first 6 months or so will be working with an external agency. During this early stage you will help shape their digital offering and customers experience. Working closely with your colleagues to develop their new app you will be responsible for the delivery and quality of code for both the iOS & Android platforms along with collaborating with designers, and UX’ers on the lay-out, visual design and functionality. Your day to day duties will include to insure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications. Collaborate with the dev team and key stakeholders to define, design, and ship new features. Provide leadership, development and support to your team of developers. Collaborate across the team to ensure initiatives are aligned with other work streams and are on-brand. Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs. Maintain code quality, organisation, and automation to ensure the end user receives the best possible experience. Build reusable code and libraries for future use and train key stakeholders. Provide upskilling and support on this as required across the team. Be on top of latest ideas, methods and initiatives in the community that could enhance our production capability and customer experience. Undertake peer code reviews and feedback based on findings. Promote agile ways of working within a cross-functional design & development team to ensure quality of delivery and overall success of the digital strategy.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
This is a brand new role with a lot invested in; with a lot of focus and efforts in this function you will have a ton of resources within brand new, talented and driven teams. Along with your salary there is a really appealing range of benefits on offer including a bonus, pension, holiday buying, childcare vouchers, discounts, fresh fruit and many others. Not only will you strike a great work/life balance you will get the chance to be a part of a growing team of top flight developers and other team members in a brand new office dedicated to this digital transformation. You will also be working with the latest and emerging mobile technologies.
Want to know more? Send in your CV now to George - firstname.lastname@example.org; 01179269530
Back to jobs