— Data Science, Machine Learning, IoT
- Varied project base all centred on Data Science/IoT.
- Ambitious growth period with scope to get from 30 to 100 in the next 2 years.
- International customer base working with a diverse range of household names.
A well-reputed predictive analytics & application consulting provider is going through a rapid period of growth and are looking for Python Developers to join their team. Born in America, the Bristol office is now at c30 (developers, testers, data scientists/engineers) with scope to get to 50 in 2020, and 100 in the next 2 years. They operate in a highly Agile environment, working with an incredibly diverse & global customer base spread across the UK, Australia, Canada, Germany, Mexico, Spain & Monaco. The business are constantly looking to integrate new & emerging technologies into the business, a lot of their techies are customer facing as well.
What skills you'll need
- Proven Python development experience, preferably with an interest in data science/visualisation.
- Back-end focused with an appreciation for front-end technology. Understanding of React/TypeScript.
- Significant knowledge of infrastructure-as-code (Terraform).
- Containerisation experience (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Awareness of cloud technology, particularly with AWS.
- Any understanding of FastAPI, Git or Postgres would be beneficial.
- Extensive knowledge of Agile/Scrum methodologies and ability to work in a highly Agile environment.
What you'll be doing
Joining a small development team in the data science division of the business, you will take ownership of a high-level data science platform which will need a service-based architecture built to allow adaptation of requirements depending on the particular customer. This role is primarily server-side focused but you will need to offer enthusiasm for the front-end and will offer support with React/TypeScript as and when needed. The solution will be deployed on AWS using Docker & Terraform; it ingests & processes data from various sources and then cascades it back to their stakeholders. There will be some backlog work to involve yourself in initially but then the focus will be on adding new features/functionalities to the platform. You will need to grasp technical details quickly, familiarising yourself with the design & architecture of any given project so you can adjust your approach to best support the customer’s requirements
What you'll get in return for your experience
The company offer a very relaxed & casual environment, offering flexible working hours (core day is 10am – 4pm) and plenty of scope for training & progression. As the business expands there could be scope to move into more of a lead position depending on which way you see your career going, and they encourage their employees to go on a range of training courses & tech conferences. They’re offering a generous salary, healthy pension scheme and free food in the office. It really does have the culture of a start-up but with the backing of a large international business!
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for an amazing company, so if you're interested, send your CV to Joe ASAP or give us a call to find out more.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
jobsSearch all jobs
— PHP, Exciting ProjectsLocation:BristolSalary:£22K-£26K
— Work remotely 3 or 4 days a weekLocation:Remote - 3 or 4 days a weekSalary:£65K - £80K
— AI software for self-driving vehiclesLocation:Bristol or CambridgeSalary:Flexible on experience