— Neighbourly / Tech-for-Good
Delivery Manager - Neighbourly
Neighbourly is a multi-award-winning community investment platform that helps companies make a positive measurable impact in their communities, by putting “local impact” at the heart of responsible business.
We are uniquely positioned to grow sustainable community investment working as a two sided marketplace that connects corporate partners with thousands of vetted local good causes, facilitating the donation of surplus products (e.g. food), employee volunteering programmes and provision of financial support (e.g. grants), all in one place.
Our technology helps drive operational efficiency, promote employee engagement and foster wellbeing by providing data and insights that help businesses achieve their CSR and ESG (environmental, social, governance) objectives.
Because the platform is public it enables a business to surface community stories and create a discoverable legacy of giving, helping to enhance brand reputation and build positive community relations.
We currently manage surplus food redistribution schemes for 5 major UK retailers and food manufacturers, helping to ensure good food goes to community causes that can use and share it effectively
What you’ll be doing as our Delivery Manager
Reporting into the Head of Tech and looking after the delivery function of our software engineering teams, you will work well with others to help realise the Neighbourly’s vision through helping deliver new functionality in our intuitive, secure and engaging site, ensuring flexibility, software scalability, and ease of use for our customers.
You’ll help Neighbourly by using your skills to help our engineers deliver on our current tech stack from SQL Server and Entity Framework Core up to ASP.NET Web API and VueJS. You’ll also be involved in utilising .Net Core and the Azure product set for future products.
You take an enthusiastic and pastoral approach to managing delivery by supporting sprints, reporting on agreed metrics, help to remove blockers and coaching team members.
Day to day you’ll work alongside our software engineers and product owners to encourage collaboration and highlight gaps in delivery and velocity.
What experience you’ll need to apply
- Previous experience in a Delivery Manager or Agile Coach role.
- You are exceptionally good at coaching teams to be productive and adept at shipping high quality, well-tested code in a fast paced environment.
- Experience of managing delivery within software engineering
- Your background would be gained working within software development and engineering
- Strong practitioner of Agile methodologies such as Scrum, XP, or Kanban. You’ve practised Agile and you understand its benefits and drawbacks.
- A track record of leading and mentoring others. You are eager to teach others and invested in the growth of your team and the company.
- Excellent problem solving skills. You excel at analysing and solving problems using technology.
- Self-motivating, self-directing, and a great communicator (written and oral). You thrive in an environment that grants you a lot of autonomy to explore creative solutions.
We have chosen to work with our friends at ADLIB who are managing the recruitment process for Neighbourly. As a fellow B Corp, they are well versed in attracting the best candidates that have the right skills and experience, combined with the desire to work for a business driven by purpose and a want to make a positive impact on society and the planet.
Please note that any candidates that approach Neighbourly directly will be forwarded to ADLIB for consideration.
Inclusion and equality
Here at Neighbourly, equal opportunity runs through every aspect of the business. We are creating an environment where a diverse mix of talented people want to work, do their best and share in our journey for the long term. We’re building a team that represents a variety of perspectives and backgrounds, as we believe that the more inclusive we are, the better and more innovative our work will be. We strive to be a workplace where everyone feels empowered and can be their authentic selves.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— eCommerce AgencyLocation:South West / Remote, UKSalary:£27000 - £35000
— Investment GroupLocation:Remote - South-West, UKSalary:Competitive
— Independent Marketing AgencyLocation:Moreton-in-Marsh / Hybrid, UKSalary:£20k - £22k