Full-Stack Cloud Engineer
- Pioneering tech company with world-leading haptic & tracking tech.
- Diverse tech suiting polyglots, work with Ruby, Node, Kubernetes, AWS, Heroku and more.
- Global product reach, huge investment, autonomy and control over architectural direction.
A pioneering tech company with world-leading haptic and tracking technology is looking for a dev-focused Full-Stack Cloud Engineer to join their team on a majority remote basis, with the option to go in more often if you wish. The business is backed by huge investment with 175+ employees globally; the last year has only accelerated their product roadmap. They’re in an incredibly healthy position to be growing the team further. Their technology is used in a variety of fields including VR/AR, spacial computing, immersive 3D experience, automotive, entertainment, medical/healthcare and more.
What experience you’ll need
- Commercial experience with at least one of the following; Ruby-on-Rails (ROR), Python, Node/JS, Golang. Ideally you’ll be a polyglot with multi-language exposure.
- Cloud-native development experience; Heroku, AWS (AWS Amplify), Google Cloud etc.
- Knowledge of Gitlab CI or similar.
- Understanding of DevOps ways of working, including infrastructure-as-code (Terraform/Ansible) and containerisation (Docker/Kubernetes).
- Knowledge of scripting and system automation.
- Database knowledge, SQL / PostgreSQL etc.
- Understanding of modern web, build pipelines, best practices.
What you’ll be doing
Following a very successful 2020, the team are looking for someone to join their Tracking R&D division to help improve their infrastructure and plan for future needs across the business. You’ll support the on-going development and support of various Ruby / Node web app ecosystems, improving on business-critical systems and services, supporting organisation cloud/web solution needs as well as helping to define future direction and architecture of their MLOps/DevOps tooling. Lots of variety and involvement across engineering, ops and research. Due to business mergers and technical debt the tech stack is varied with some products on Python/Node and others on Ruby. You’ll be involved in looking at the back-end, removing technical debt (RoR) and supporting continuous improvement and content changes throughout.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
An incredible opportunity to join a world-leader in the touchless technology space, offering a diverse and inclusive culture where ideas are not only valued, but implemented. There’s constant support and opportunity for R&D, remote and flexible working for those who need it, autonomy and control over architectural direction and lots more. You’ll get a healthy pension (401(k) plan), generous holidays, medical benefits including healthcare, wellbeing programmes, social events and ability to use their products, which is awesome in itself!
Send your CV to Joe or give us a call to find out more.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— EdTech Comapany Recognised WorldwideLocation:Remote / BristolSalary:£60K-£80K
— Gaming industry giantsLocation:Bristol / RemoteSalary:£25K - £29K
— Health, sports and well-beingLocation:LondonSalary:£50000 - £60000