Head of Engineering
— SAAS Scale-Up, PHP, JS
- Outstanding SAAS scale-up with fast-growing client base.
- Team, Technical Leadership and Architecture.
- Opportunity to help shape strategy, tech roadmap and adapt new technologies.
A fast-growing SAAS scale-up with over 400 clients are looking to bolster their talented tech team with the arrival of an inspirational Head of Engineering. Having built an impressive market-leading platform and applications they’ve grown their client base significantly in a short space of time and now is the time to expand further.
*They’re happy with remote working but would like to see you every 4-6 weeks for key meetings in Bristol.
What skills you’ll be needing
- Successful experience playing a key (Technical) leadership role within a start-up/scale-up – Ideally from building and scaling, across various stages of growth.
- Great communication and leadership skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional team mentoring track record. Guiding, growing and inspiring people to work together and to their best standard.
- Practical, proven experience with software and architecture.
- Experience of building and scaling existing technology.
- Ability to adapt to new technologies.
- SaaS experience.
- Experience working alongside out-sourced technical teams would be an advantage.
What you’ll be doing
This high-flying innovator are looking to appoint a Head of Engineering (reporting into their CTO) to join their highly skilled, collaborative and creative team of thinkers, during a pivotal stage of their growth and success. The role requires leading on technical delivery, as well as mentoring, inspiring and managing a talented team of Engineers. You’ll feed into pivotal decisions concerning infrastructure, architecture and scalability to ensure success. Key duties will also include leading task breakdown sessions, dive in and assisting developers when they get stuck or need a steer. Furthermore, driving forward successful sprints, removing bottlenecks, resourcing effectively, and empowering your team to deliver to an exceptional standard. You will be expected to set and maintain high level coding standards for all developers to follow, including permanent staff, contractors and third-party suppliers. A key part of the role will also include ensuring regular peer reviews and mentoring/coaching developers, bi-annual appraisals, training needs development all to help them reach their full potential. This is a key role, that would suit an ambitious, self-motivated, versatile development leader.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
You’ll be joining a tightknit team of people dedicated to making good things happen fast! There’s plenty of opportunity for learning, development and with a strong annual training budget. The role comes with a competitive salary (£80-100K), generous holidays, private medical, gym membership discount, weekly socials, opportunity to travel to the US, ability to work in some of the most creative office spaces in Bristol whenever you want (order from the bar/restaurant to your desk!) and the chance to work with a very established leader with a start-up/entrepreneurial mindset.
Like the sound of this one? Send in your CV now for immediate consideration to Mike for more info.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— Global Business // Supporting Communities // Great BenefitsLocation:London/Remote UK, UKSalary:£55,000
— 2-3 days on-siteLocation:Bristol, UKSalary:£27K - £30K
— Ethical, award-winning company with big investment in techLocation:Wiltshire/Fully remote, UKSalary:Up to £65,000