— Sustainable Software Development
- Sustainable online marketplace making a huge difference for local retailers.
- Progressive tech, huge focus on continuous improvement.
- National service-reach, taking on the corporate supermarkets with ethics at their core.
An already successful start-up with a sustainable online marketplace is looking for a Ruby Developer to join them as they look to scale up. Their mission is to create well-connected communities to support local/independent retailers and food stores to compete online against corporate giants who’ve historically dominated the industry. Founded in 2017, their platform now operates in several major UK cities including Bristol, Bath, London and Oxford, with no signs of slowing down. The role can be 100% remote, ideally with occasional Bristol trips but this isn’t essential.
What experience you’ll need
- Commercial experience with Ruby-on-Rails (RoR) on interactive apps.
- Ability to unit test your own work, ideally with knowledge of automation test principles.
- Proven experience in connecting multiple data sources into a single system/database.
- Cloud-based development knowledge (AWS, GCP, Heroku etc.).
- Appreciation for clean, efficient & documented code for future scalability.
- Understanding of version control, ideally Git or similar.
What you’ll be doing
Joining a small team with lots of autonomy, you’ll work with the Lead Developer on continuous improvements to their app and service, adding new functionality as well as enhancing current features to optimise user experience and general performance of the app. The team are planning to scale up at pace so you’ll ensure that all code you’re producing is clean, efficient, well-documented and scalable for future hires in the team to best utilise it. You’ll be involved in all stages of the SDLC, testing your code as you go and following best practices surrounding TDD, re-factoring and general upholstery of code standards. You’ll drive the introduction of new tools and frameworks before implementing it into their wider stack and ways of working.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
This is an awesome chance to make a real-world difference with your work, being part of a sustainable initiative with like-minded techies supporting your technical and commercial growth. It’s a small team with lots of autonomy, offering the chance for 100% remote working (a trip to Bristol a month ideally), flexi-time (core hours are 10am – 4pm) and autonomy over tools & tech. They offer a healthy pension, annual bonus, lots of other soft benefits and scope for career progression as the business scales.
Send your CV to Joe or give us a call to find out more.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— Creative AgencyLocation:London / Remote, UKSalary:£40k Bonus & Benefits
— Greenfield development with leading- edge tech!Location:Bristol and remote, UKSalary:Up to £55,000
— Remote FinTech BusinessLocation:Remote, UKSalary:£60K - £70K