Software Engineer - Python/Django
— SaaS solutions, remote-first, autonomy
- Fast-growing tech start-up in a booming industry.
- Exciting tech stack, work with Python, Django, Vue, AWS.
- Remote friendly, advocates for flexibility.
A Bristol-based tech start-up with an exciting SaaS product is looking for a Software Engineer (at either mid or senior level) to play a key role in shaping the direction of their offering moving forward. The business provides shipping software solutions, having shipped over 2 million orders in the last month alone through their platform (40 million to date!). With recent investment and over 5000 happy clients with no sign of slowing down, it’s an awesome time to join the team.
What experience you’ll need
- Full-Stack capability with a focus on back-end (Python).
- Proven experience with web frameworks and API builds, ideally Django or similar.
- Cloud-native development or awareness of cloud computing (they use AWS).
- Open-source technologies like Postgres or RabbitMQ would be useful.
- Understanding of TDD, BDD, deployment tools and processes.
- Previous experience contributing to product planning and solving architectural challenges.
- Start-up mentality with adaptable mindset.
What you’ll be doing
As a Software Engineer in a small team, you will have a huge impact on the shape & direction of their product. Working alongside a tight-knit development team your focus will be to deliver high-quality, scalable web apps with seamless functionality. As part of a multi-disciplined Agile team, you’ll be responsible for mentoring more junior team members, leading code reviews and improving internal testing and development processes. You’ll be responsible for maintaining the existing cloud infrastructure which is hosted on AWS and bringing in new services as and when they are needed. The role is back-end focused but you’ll dip into the front-end when needed (they use Vue). The team has ambitious plans for growth and you must take responsibility for clean code, scaling up in the best possible way for future hires to build on.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
You’ll get an incredible opportunity to be a part of a fast-growing business at an exciting point in their journey. You will form part of a dynamic and flexible team who are passionate about exploring new & emerging tech (the business was founded by devs!) and be encouraged to implement new ideas. They have a remote-first working ethos (you choose how and where you want to work) with a team meeting in the office every fortnight, stock options, 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), your choice of kit and more!
Like the sound of this one? Send your CV to Joe to find out more.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— Well-reputed Design & eCommerce AgencyLocation:Bath / 100% RemoteSalary:£25K - £30K
— Diverse greenfield projects which you'll leadLocation:Bristol / RemoteSalary:£50K - £55K
— Progressive Digital SpecialistLocation:Fully Remote (UK) or CheltenhamSalary:£50K-£60K