Research & Development Director
— Global genetic bioscience innovation
- Highly successful and fast-growing Bioscience innovator.
- Pioneering techniques within their field.
- An opportunity to make a significant impact.
This is opportunity as a Research and Development Director to lead rapidly growing research and development focused on microbiome modulation and bacterial control using highly innovative genome editing techniques. The company is making significant success on a global basis with many countries looking to adopt their products and technology.
What you'll be doing:
- Take existing commercial product candidates from the lab bench scale through process development to small pilot scale production runs, that are formulated appropriately for application development, regulatory and customer trials.
- Directly work through CMO’s & CRO’s as needed to further scale-up product candidates.
- Improve the product development time horizons by streamlining laboratory processes which will enable application.
- Innovate to create novel solutions and to bolster the company’s product candidates and create new product candidates that are supported by business case.
- Ensure reports, data, information is well written and presented from the team.
- Create new IP to add to our extensive IP estate and to protect innovation advances.
- Help drive and motive the current team of scientists and grow your team by recruiting talent where necessary.
What experience you’ll need to apply?
- 5 to 10 years R&D experience in industry, ideally with significant biotechnology product development experience.
- Evidence of critical assessment of and design of reliable and meaningful product specification definition.
- Proven application of analytical methods throughout production, post-production processing and long-term storage for product yield and stability improvement.
- A broad understanding of biotechnology and its potential application to control or change microbiomes, an understanding of CRISPR, genetic transformation and the regulatory environment for biotech products.
- Leadership qualities – medium size team management, complex workstream management and an influential and motivational management style.
- Strong work ethic with a proven track record for solving scientific/production problems.
- An understanding of the food value chain Farm to Fork would be desirable.
What you’ll get in return for your experience:
Help contribute towards truly pioneering techniques, working on the key development of commercial projects alongside a brilliant team of scientists. You’ll have the opportunity to truly develop and shape the product. The role can be based in Bristol full time or 1 day per week, so plenty of flexibility if you live further away.
Send your CV via this advert and we’ll get back to you shortly.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— Make a real differenceLocation:CambridgeshireSalary:Up to £50,000
— Growing BiotechLocation:LondonSalary:Up to £25,000
— Leading Drug Discovery innovationLocation:LondonSalary:Competitive Salary Shares