— Market leading security platform
- Multiple award-winning start-up which are still booming with recent investment.
- Opportunity to lead a team.
- Work with the latest versions of Ruby and React with best security practices.
A rapidly growing tech start-up based in Bristol has recently had a huge amount of investment, and with investment comes growth. They are building out 6 new product teams which will need some senior developers. The company are continuing their high scaling growth and success which you could be part of, having gone from 5 to 100 people within 2 years they’re a very exciting company to join with some excellent staff retention.
What experience you’ll need
- You will have a significant amount of experience with Ruby + Ruby on Rails.
- You’ll have worked with RESTful APIs with OO design.
- Experience with AWS.
- A history of working with high-scale back-end solutions.
- Some experience using front-end languages, React would be very desirable.
- Understanding of secure coding would be a bonus.
- Ability to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system.
- Understanding of Git.
- Familiar with CI.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to pick up and promote new/emerging tech.
- Agile experience.
What you’ll be doing
Joining their existing engineering function, you will be running the development within a brand new product team. Your work will mainly be back-end working with Ruby and Rails, RESTful APIs and OO design, this work supports the needs of the front-end React application so you may be using that from time to time (depending on how much you’d like) whilst deploying everything on to AWS. Within your product teams you will be working alongside a tester/QA engineer, a business analyst, scrum master and project manager, though you will also have other engineers around you. It is important you liaise with your direct team to create the most efficient user-friendly products to align with their current ground-breaking ones. As the team grows you may be expected to mentor junior developers and if you want - possibly move into a leadership role.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
This is the perfect time to join a successful and growing start-up, with plenty of opportunity to play a key role in the businesses. There’s a real energy within the team and you’ll be able to be part of an environment that values creativity and determination. It’s a friendly and social work place with flexible working in a great location. Alongside a salary of £40K-£55K you will get 25 days holiday, company laptop, bonus, table tennis, gaming room with gaming nights, cycle to work scheme, free travel insurance for you and your dependents, a great budget for training as well as a little bit of remote working.
If you’re interested in this role then send your CV in now or get in touch with George to discuss further (01179269530; email@example.com
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
jobsSearch all jobs
— leading conservation charity, 100% remoteLocation:RemoteSalary:£30K - £35K
— Monetisation solutionsLocation:LondonSalary:£55K - £75K
— Popular green-tech companyLocation:BristolSalary:£40K-£65K