Senior Java Engineer - Networking
— Software-defined networking
- Growing start-up with high investment into technology & people.
- Flexible working environment with lots of autonomy.
- Make the city a smarter, greener, more connected place to live!
As a B Corp business, we are proud to be partnered with such a forward-thinking tech start up that looks to improve the city we live and work in. This company has immersed itself with the city of Bristol, leading projects around making the city a smarter, greener, more connected place to live through a state-of-the-art software platform. Due to substantial financial investment, they’re now looking for a Senior Engineer with software defined networking experience to join their engineering team.
What skills you’ll need
- Fluency in Java development, preferably with exposure to Python/Scala but not essential.
- Proven experience with Linux, both as a development platform and for deployments.
- Knowledge of networking (VLANs, IP Routing), software-defined networking (SDN) & network architecture.
- Understanding of things like Jenkins, Nexus, Atlassian, Git or SonarQube.
- Any knowledge of Ansible/Terraform/Chef for configuration management would be useful.
- Containerisation experience is desirable (Docker, Kubernetes etc.).
- Virtualisation experience (OpenStack, VMWare, RHEV etc.) would be beneficial.
What you’ll be doing
Joining the engineering team and reporting into the Director, you will play an integral part in the design, development, testing & delivery of the company’s core software platform, adding new features & functionalities across a wide portfolio of services. Being a growing start-up, this role needs somebody who can liaise closely with all areas of the business (development, infrastructure/network, product, customer), ensuring that requirements are aligned through all phases of design, delivery & support. You will need expertise with software defined networking (SDN) due to the nature of the platform, with any knowledge of connected platforms / services being highly advantageous.
What you’ll get in return for your experience
The chance to work in a progressive, successful, and growing tech start-up with sound financial resource that invests not only heavily in their technology, but also their people. You will enjoy autonomy and seniority in a small team, along with some more standard benefits such as a 5% pension scheme (with salary sacrifice option), Cycle2Work scheme, 25 days holiday & remote working options. All coupled with some pretty ground-breaking projects in the pipeline!
Sound like the role for you? Send your profile to Joe or give us a call to find out more!
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— EdTech software specialistsLocation:Bristol (remote for now)Salary:£18K-£25K
— Market-Leading Luxury RetailerLocation:LondonSalary:Up to £40,000
— Innovative, progressive, seriously talentedLocation:Bristol (remote for now)Salary:£45K-£60K