Senior QA Engineer
— Exciting Scale-Up, Automation
- Outstanding product making waves both sides of the Atlantic.
- Automation and manual testing, select the tools to help them succeed.
- Sociable, ambitious and supportive team.
A fast-growing SAAS scale-up with over 400 clients are looking to bolster their talented tech team with the arrival of a talented Senior QA Automation Engineer. Having built an impressive market-leading platform and applications they’ve grown their client base significantly in a short space of time. This is an ideal role for someone who has previously helped a business move from manual to automated testing (they’re about 18 months into this journey) and be a part of selecting the best tools and setting up the environment to help them continue to succeed.
*They’re happy with remote working but would like to see you every 4-6 weeks for key meetings in Bristol
What skills you’ll be needing
- Extensive experience of working as a results-driven testing engineer.
- Proven experience of introducing automation to an existing codebase successfully.
- Experience/strong knowledge of automation testing suites, e.g., Cypress, Selenium, webdrive.io/Appium, jest etc.
- Technical proficiency in Gitflow or equivalent.
- Experience in mentoring junior team members.
- Understanding/strong knowledge of automation services Jenkins, Github Actions etc.
- Understanding of standard QA tools.
- Experience in PHP and Node is beneficial.
What you’ll be doing
They need an experienced QA Engineer who, whilst the automation suite becomes more established, will be happy jumping into manual testing where required. Hiring a junior tester to help with the task and mentoring an existing tester, you will be working as part of a scrum team feeding into the design and technical decision-making right from the start. As a senior within the QA team, you will help to take ownership of the quality and stability of what is shipped with each release. Further duties will include evaluating the existing automated testing infrastructure, suggesting and driving improvements, development and delivery of a long-term automation strategy. Furthermore, you can expect to be recording test results and reporting on test coverage as well as producing and maintaining high quality documentation.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
You’ll be joining a tightknit team of people dedicated to making good things happen fast! There’s plenty of opportunity for peer learning and a really strong annual training budget. The role comes with a competitive salary (£55-65K, depending upon experience), generous holidays, private medical, gym membership discount, weekly socials, opportunity to travel to the US, the opportunity to work in some of the most creative office spaces in Bristol whenever you want (order from the bar/restaurant to your desk!) and the chance to work with a very established leader with a start-up/entrepreneurial mindset.
Like the sound of this one? Send in your CV now for immediate consideration to Mike for more info.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— Global Business // Supporting Communities // Great BenefitsLocation:London/Remote UK, UKSalary:£55,000
— 2-3 days on-siteLocation:Bristol, UKSalary:£27K - £30K
— Ethical, award-winning company with big investment in techLocation:Wiltshire/Fully remote, UKSalary:Up to £65,000