Software Development Manager
— One of Bristol's most exciting start-ups
- Manage the software team of a multiple award-winning start-up.
- Flexible/part remote working on offer.
One of Bristol’s current most popular start-ups have been successfully funded with multiple awards and are now looking to expand their software team. Working under the CTO they are looking for a Software Manager to run the team whilst remaining hands-on. This role is ideal for a personable applicant who is looking to take that step and is keen to grow with an impact-led start-up.
What skills you’ll be needing
- Some sort of experience with management.
- You will still be and want to be hands-on.
- Ideally you will have worked on Linux.
- Embedded C experience will be a bonus.
- You’ll be up to date with software practices.
- Experience working with distributed software systems.
- An understanding of security, data protection etc.
- Good communication skills.
- You’ll be eager to introduce and suggest new ideas and technologies.
- You’ll want to still have a desire to be partly hands-on.
What you’ll be doing
Reporting directly to the CTO you will be responsible for managing a small software team of 2 people (which will be growing) where you can expect to delegated responsibilities and have a real opportunity to progress in your role quickly as this company scales. On a daily basis you will be mentoring the other 2 developers interface with other team leaders, develop roadmaps, plan resource requirements, recruit your own team but also stay hands-on with some of the coding (mainly Python). You will be bringing lots of knowledge into the team where you will share ideas as you scale, it’s important that you’re enthusiastic and encouraging within the team. As your journey goes on and the team grows you will slowly move away from the code and into more team oversight/strategy.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
Not only will you have the privilege of working for such an awesome company, you will be entitled to a salary of £45K-£60K with flexible working hours as well as some remote working, 25 days holiday (can carry over), training budget with an ambitious team around you. The office atmosphere is very inviting with skill-sharing workshops and table tennis.
If you want to know more or apply for this one then get in touch with George - email@example.com; 01179269530.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
jobsSearch all jobs
— Rapid team growth & career progressionLocation:BristolSalary:£45K - £55K
— awesome product, 3 days remoteLocation:BathSalary:£45K - £55K
— Financial ServicesLocation:BournemouthType:Salary:Up to £500 p/day