Software Engineer (Games)
— Industry great in the gaming community
- Contribute to the development of the gaming industry.
- Mature approach to flexible/remote working.
- Comprehensive benefits package, including access to games bundles and discounts on gaming products.
Operating as the backbone to the gaming industry, this awesome tech company are looking for a Software Engineer to join them in Bristol. This is an incredible opportunity to work alongside industry greats with great access to coaching and mentoring if required. With c100 people globally and one of their most successful years to date, you’ll have the chance to interact with household names in gaming while contributing to the growth of a c£2bn industry.
What experience you'll need
- Proven experience in C/C++ development and debugging.
- High-performance, multi-threaded app development knowledge.
- Significant awareness of software testing, including unit testing.
- Knowledge of Windows apps (WPF, WinForms, Win32, GDI etc.).
- Skilled in C# development.
- Awareness of IDEs, Debuggers (file formats, internals etc.).
- Understanding of MSBuild or similar.
What you'll be doing
Connected to an impressive development function, you’ll work on the development tools and APIs used by Developers, Testers and Artists/Producers to create world-leading console games; a pretty fun role! The Developers work to very tight deadlines to produce these high-performance games which means the role can be demanding, needing someone to work to a high quality at pace, with a range of responsibilities that includes developing VS and MSBuild extensions which provide integration for editing, building and debugging software for console hardware. You’ll also be involved in developing new features, enhancing existing functionality and writing tests for validation. You’ll need a passion for quality and customer experience with proven written & verbal communication skills.
What you'll get in return for your talents
You will get a comprehensive benefits package including regular games bundles and discounts on gaming products, 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), pension scheme, private medical cover, health insurance, relocation assistance if needed, and health club membership. Alongside this there is a mature attitude to working, with flexibility around core working hours and the chance for remote working (hybrid working).
Please get in touch with Joe to find out more about this awesome role.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— Creative AgencyLocation:London / Remote, UKSalary:£40k Bonus & Benefits
— Greenfield development with leading- edge tech!Location:Bristol and remote, UKSalary:Up to £55,000
— Remote FinTech BusinessLocation:Remote, UKSalary:£60K - £70K