— Unique, thriving start-up with modern tech
- Very unique model that started in 2016 and is now live in 22 cities across 5 countries with 28 new site openings this year.
- Have flexibility on the modern tech – React, Ruby, Elixir, Haskell and more.
- Flexible/remote working, nice office, team events, travel costs covered.
A start-up with sites across the EU and US offer a unique self-service model to people that has revolutionised the industry are on a growth mission looking to hire 5 software engineers. If you’re looking to be part of one of the most exciting start-ups to come out of the UK then this could be a great position for you.
What experience you’ll need
- You will be a polyglot developer and able to switch between languages.
- Ideally you will have a history of both front-end and back-end development.
- If you’ve used Ruby, Elixir, Rust, Python or Haskell that would be a big bonus.
- CI/CD is handled with CircleCI and Git so experience with those would be good.
- Ideally have done TDD, documentation etc.
- Team player an able to work well with others.
- Agile experience.
- Flexible with what tech you work with.
What you’ll be doing
You will be 1 of 5 software engineers joining the team of 4 developers in the Bristol office with others in different locations (total of 8). Whether you are working on the front or back-end you will be working on a variety of fun and exciting projects that are in the pipeline, such as re-building the website, mobile app and working on various models for customers that will improve the future of the business offering. It’s a unique company with a very flexible stance on development, so you must be willing to cross over on languages and pick up new tech where required, ideally you will be able to introduce new tech to benefit the programming within the team who work in 2 week sprints. It’s important that you collaborate on projects with other developers and team members if you are working in the office or remotely. They have brilliant project managers to work with, who take on a lot of the responsibility to give the engineering team more focus on programming and using the tools.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
The salary on offer is between £30K-£50K with some generous benefits, you get a high spec laptop, flexible working hours with some remote working, dressed down environment with a social atmosphere in the office where there is also a pool table. Your travel costs to work are also covered, they even have a flat in London on the companies expense if you were to go and work on-site there (rare case, and optional if you like). The team likes to get together for drinks and dinner so there is a great chance to bond with the people you work with, you will always be supported in your role by other developers and leaders. This truly is a very exciting start-up to be a part of!
If you would like to find out more about this role or apply then please get in touch with George – George@adlib-recruitment.co.uk; 01179269530
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
jobsSearch all jobs
— Middleware Developer - Mulesoft, Mule ESBLocation:CroydonSalary:£45000 - £60000
— In App PurchasesLocation:BathType:Salary:Up to £350 p/day
— Market leading security platformLocation:BristolSalary:£40K-£60K