Software Engineers (AWS) - Remote Interviews
— Java, Scala, Python, C#, Ruby, Groovy
- Unlimited holiday, regular open source contributions on Github.
- 4.5 day week with dedicated afternoons for learning.
- Pioneering project base making a difference to Citizens across the country.
A public sector software delivery expert has just landed in Central Bristol and are looking for several Engineers with AWS experience to join their team. This is a brand-new hub with rapid plans for growth in place, driven by a culture of mentoring and support with dedicated afternoons set aside for research & development. Outcome-based delivery is a big focus for the business; they pride themselves on ensuring that all technology deployed meets the goals & expectations of their customer base. They’re embarking on a pioneering programme of work which will have a positive impact on the lives of UK Citizens everywhere.
What skills you’ll need
- Proven background in AWS environments and its associated tech (EC2, ECS, Lambda, API Gateway, S3, CloudFront etc).
- Fluency in at least one server-side language; Java/Scala, Ruby, Python, C# or Groovy. You must be able to test your code as well.
- Significant understanding of infrastructure-as-code & automation using things like Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Docker, Terraform, CloudFormation, Kubernetes.
- Appreciation of front-end/UI, ideally with exposure to React or similar.
- Experience with API development, microservice architecture & databases.
- Comfortable with TDD/BDD approach.
- Ability to work Agile/Scrum with regular sprints.
- Awareness of paired programming techniques.
What you’ll be doing
Joining a brand-new delivery team, initially you’ll take ownership of a multi-channel digital tech platform with over 900 microservices and hosted on AWS, working highly Agile with regular sprints and releases. The majority of the project base sits across healthcare & local/central government, a lot of pioneering projects which could involve you in anything from monoliths to microservices, constantly advocating technical excellence and adapting between stacks to ensure continuous successful delivery. You will offer a passion for cloud & automation, seamless tooling and approaching software delivery in a DevOps approach. The business has built an unrivalled support structure which it’s expected you will embed into. Most of their Engineers are client-facing so this is something you’ll need to be comfortable with as well .
What you’ll get in return for your experience
Where to start? They offer unlimited holiday (yes, you read that right), an open source handbook on Github which you’ll be able to contribute to regularly, as well as flexible working hours for those who need it. They offer a culture of learning; they dedicate one afternoon a week purely to research & development to allow their Engineers to upskill in any areas they feel need some attention, plus funding any techie courses/conferences that would be useful for you to go to. You can expect to be sent on annual holidays with the team, regular lunches & socials and will even pay for you to go away on your 3rd working anniversary! They’re very active in the tech community too, speak regularly at meetups and run their own events.
Sound like the role for you? Send your profile to Joe or give us a call to find out more!
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
jobsSearch all jobs
— digital marketing agency with awesome brandsLocation:CirencesterSalary:£35K - 45K
— Innovative, progressive, seriously talentedLocation:BathSalary:£35K-£55K
— Remote Working OptionsLocation:WiltshireType:Salary:up to £500 p/day