Back to all jobs 4th MarBack to all jobs
Cloud Software Engineer
— Flexible/remote working
£30K - £60K
- Global business with a new tech division overlapping into IoT.
- Cutting edge tech, R&D, progressive world-leading business.
- Outstanding team, progression, development opportunities.
One of the UK's most innovative & rapidly growing technology companies are looking for Cloud Software Engineers to join their brand-new Bristol office next to its iconic harbour side. As they look to double the size of the business over the next 3 years, this is a unique opportunity to be the onsite specialist within an exciting and innovative division. The business is currently going through a large re-platforming project, operating across 21 countries and focusing on customer experience for multiple target audiences. Please note that the wider salary range is due to the business considering all levels of applicant.
What skills you'll need
- Proven background in C# development, ideally with exposure to .Net Core.
- Excellent knowledge of cloud technology, particularly Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Understanding of TDD (Docker), CI/CD (Jenkins, Bamboo), automation and infrastructure as code (Ansible, Terraform).
- Awareness of connected products, scalability, micro-service architecture, message routing etc.
- Ability to involve yourself in the architecture & design of new components, as well as various testing processes & deployments.
- Background in an Agile environment.
The company are considering applicants at all levels, so if you have some experience with Java/Python (as opposed to C#) and a strong drive to learn, Id still like to hear from you!
What you'll be doing
Joining a cross-functional team within the business' connected products division (IoT), you'll be covering a variety of greenfield & ongoing projects, focusing on developing new online features and adding to the pre-existing platform using C# and a range of monitoring & automation tools. The company work in an Agile manner so youll be involved in daily stand-ups & fortnightly sprints, often developing as a pair or team to ensure there are no blurred lines of communication internally. Most of the projects you'll be focusing on are centred on eCommerce and IoT so you will have plenty of exciting projects to be getting on with! The long term goal is to build the foundations of a truly global team, and this role will only progress as the business does with it.
What you'll get in return for your experience
An incredible opportunity to work for a global giant offering a competitive salary (to £60K) with long term progression, training and development, access to courses and conferences alongside a formidable benefits package. You can expect generous holidays (27 days), bonus, flexi-time, health options, pension scheme, smart offices, R&D time and more. Above all, you'll be in a role with real job satisfaction and the autonomy to evaluate, select and suggest new ideas that will be highly valued.
Really exciting role here - want to hear more? Give Joe a call or send us your CV now!
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
DevOps and Cloud / Web Development & Software Engineering jobsSearch all jobs
87 jobs found
— Exciting tech, Node.jsLocation:BathSalary:£30k to £50k
— 3 month contract, possible extensionLocation:BristolSalary:£350-£450/day
— 3 month contract, possible extensionLocation:BristolSalary:£400-£500/day