Systems Engineer (DevOps)
— Work with household gaming brands
- Contribute to the development of the gaming industry.
- Comprehensive benefits package, including access to games bundles and discounts on gaming products.
- Mature approach to flexible working.
Operating as the backbone to the gaming industry, this awesome tech company are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join them in Bristol. This is a really exciting opportunity to work alongside industry greats, with great access to coaching and mentoring if required. With c100 people globally and one of their most successful years to date, you’ll have the chance to interact with household names in gaming, while contributing to the growth of a c£2bn industry.
What experience you'll need
- Proven background in a DevOps capacity, with extensive CI/CD knowledge (ideally Jenkins).
- Competent with Ansible for configuration management.
- System administration skills across both Linux / Windows systems, covering instrumentation, monitoring, debugging etc.
- Exposure to a cloud platform, preferably AWS or similar.
- Understanding of networking, virtualisation, containerisation (Docker, DNS, TCP/IP).
- Any scripting experience in Python, PowerShell or similar would be useful.
- Passion for automation and continuous improvement.
What you'll be doing
You’ll act as an enabler for improvements across their current infrastructure, which is built on Jenkins, Ansible, Git and Chocolatey. This role sits across multiple teams within the Bristol office, with a primary focus on improving CI systems and introducing automation where necessary. You’ll support developers in reducing test/release times, take ownership of improving test, dev and release workflows, plus championing modern virtualisation and provisioning. The business is full of world-class engineers working in a fast-paced, ever-changing industry so adaptability is key, coupled with a drive to learn and integrate new tech to maintain quality moving forward. If you’re a natural problem solver, this place is for you.
What you'll get in return for your talents
You will get a comprehensive benefits package including regular games bundles and discounts on gaming products, 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), pension scheme, private medical cover, health insurance, relocation assistance if needed, and health club membership. Alongside this there is a mature attitude to working, with flexibility around core working hours and the chance for remote working once restrictions lift.
Please get in touch with Joe to find out more about this awesome role.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— Space organisationLocation:OxfordshireSalary:Market leading salary and excellent benefits package
— EdTech software specialistsLocation:BristolSalary:£18K-£20K
— Hire a team and grow a capability offeringLocation:Bristol OR WiltshireSalary:£70K - £85K