DevOps Team Lead
— Agile & Progressive Tech Environment
- Global business with an exciting new digital hub.
- Progressive and adaptable technology exposure spread across multiple stacks.
- High-level creative solutions for global organisations and household names.
Cutting edge and globally renowned technology giant has made a home in Bristol! With plans to grow substantially over the next 2 years, they are looking for a Lead DevOps Engineer to join their outstanding set up. Presenting you with the opportunity to take full ownership in developing an innovative team from the ground up. This really is a great chance to gain exposure in a number of new, modern and emerging technologies.
What skills you’ll need
- Commercial exposure to cloud technologies, ideally Amazon Web Services (AWS), but will also consider Google Cloud, Azure or Digital Ocean.
- Significant knowledge of CI/CD (Jenkins, Bamboo, CircleCI, TeamCity etc.) and containerisation, ideally with Docker/Kubernetes.
- Experience of technical leadership and mentoring, ideally with a proven background in scaling teams effectively.
- Demonstratable awareness of various configuration, build and automation tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt, Selenium, Terraform etc. A passion for infrastructure-as-code would be advantageous.
- Track record of successfully taking the lead, by owning solutions, planning and management of multiple project resources.
- Linux/Windows system administration and scripting skills (Python, Bash).
- Background in building, maintaining, monitoring & scaling web/cloud based platforms.
- Knowledge of server-side languages.
- Commercial awareness to Agile/Scrum environments and working methodologies.
If you’re well-versed with some of the above, but feel like you’d have a lot to learn, please still get in touch. The business is considering applicants with different backgrounds and technology experience; training and development is at the heart of their approach to expansion.
What you’ll be doing
Joining a hub poised for rapid growth, you will act as a hands-on technical leader. Taking full responsibility and assuming full ownership of the creation & growth of multiple delivery functions. While remaining very hands on, you will build and deliver various technical platforms across the company’s client base. This is a multi-disciplinary role with a primary focus on infrastructure and environment management. You will be a mentor, creating the foundation of a supportive and collaborative environment, ensuring continued success across your team. No one day is the same in this role, offering huge variety and exposure to a broad range of progressive technologies, working within an innovative and collaborative business.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
Incredible opportunity to work for a Times Top 50 Employer, offering a competitive salary. Along with outstanding long term progression, training and development. You will also have access to courses and conferences alongside a fantastic benefits package. You can expect generous holidays, a discretionary bonus, healthy pension. A flexible benefits scheme tailored to your own personal preferences! This is a fantastic chance to be a key part of an expanding technology team in stunning new offices, designed to hold regular tech meetups, events and drive innovation.
To discuss this opportunity further, send your CV to Rich or call to find out more.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
Infrastructure & Support / Web Development & Software Engineering jobsSearch all jobs
— Multiple projects, customer-focusedLocation:BristolSalary:£58K - £95K
— Open Source & Functional ProgrammingLocation:BristolSalary:£58K - £95K
— High Growth, Digital Consultancy, Progressive TechLocation:West WiltshireSalary:£40K-£50K