Technical Lead (Polyglot, AWS)
— Java, Scala, Python, C#, Ruby or Groovy
- Uncapped holiday, constant transparency & open source contributions.
- Dedicated weekly afternoons for company-wide learning.
- Pioneering project base making a difference to citizens across the country.
A public sector software delivery specialist recently landed in Bristol and are looking for Tech Leads with polyglot tech knowledge and AWS/DevOps experience to join their team. This is a brand-new hub with rapid plans for growth in place, driven by a culture of mentoring and support with dedicated afternoons set aside for research & development. Outcome-based delivery is a big focus for the business; they pride themselves on ensuring that all technology deployed meets the goals & expectations of their customer base. They’re embarking on a pioneering programme of work which will have a positive impact on the lives of UK citizens everywhere.
What skills you’ll need
- Proven experience in technical leadership with a background in mentoring other Engineers and working to architecture/consultant level.
- Extensive experience working in AWS environments and its associated tech (EC2, ECS, Lambda, API Gateway, S3, CloudFront etc).
- Fluency in at least one server-side language; C#, Ruby, Java, Scala, Python or Groovy.
- Significant understanding of infrastructure-as-code & automation using things like Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Docker, Terraform, CloudFormation, Kubernetes.
- Appreciation of front-end/UI, ideally with exposure to React or similar.
- Experience with API development, microservice architecture & databases.
- Comfortable with TDD/BDD approach.
- Ability to work Agile/Scrum with regular sprints.
- Awareness of paired programming techniques.
What you’ll be doing
Joining a brand-new delivery team, you will act as a technical & thought Leader for other engineers internally, offering insight & expertise across a variety of paradigms which includes object-oriented, declarative, event-based and functional. The majority of the project base sits across healthcare & local/central government, a lot of pioneering projects which could involve you in anything from monoliths to microservices, constantly advocating technical excellence and adapting between engineering, architecture, technical direction and consultancy depending on the scenario. You will offer a passion for cloud & automation, seamless tooling and approaching software delivery in a DevOps approach. The business has built an unrivalled support structure which you will contribute to, along with regular client-facing aspects which comes back to the consultative nature of the role.
What you’ll get in return for your experience
Where to start? They offer uncapped holiday (yes, you read that right), an open source handbook on Github which you’ll be able to contribute to regularly, as well as flexible working hours for those who need it. They offer a culture of learning; they dedicate one afternoon a week purely to research & development to allow their Engineers to upskill in any areas they feel need some attention, plus funding any techie courses/conferences that would be useful for you to go to. You can expect to be sent on annual holidays with the team, regular lunches & socials and will even pay for you to go away on your 3rd working anniversary! They’re very active in the tech community too, speak regularly at meetups, write blog posts and run their own events.
Sound like the role for you? Send your profile to Joe or give us a call to find out more!
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
jobsSearch all jobs
— PHP, Exciting ProjectsLocation:BristolSalary:£22K-£26K
— Work remotely 3 or 4 days a weekLocation:Remote - 3 or 4 days a weekSalary:£65K - £80K
— AI software for self-driving vehiclesLocation:Bristol or CambridgeSalary:Flexible on experience