Senior DevOps Engineer
— Exciting growth plans, brilliant tech
- The office space will soon be one of the best in Bristol.
- Be responsible for the entire cloud-based infrastructure.
- Work with the latest tech/containerisation (Kubernetes, Docker, Puppet etc.)
One of Bristol’s soon-to-be leading management platform providers for apprenticeships has big growth plans for 2019 and will be looking for a Senior Operations Engineer to join the team and be part of the success. It’s a really great time to join with a newly appointed CTO looking to make it a very successful journey this company plans to disrupt the market, which you could be a part of.
What experience you’ll need
- Experience working within DevOps/site reliability engineering.
- A background in Sys Admin would be ideal.
- Experience with any of the following: Terraform, Kubernetes, Powershell, Docker, Puppet/Chef.
- Experience with cloud systems, ideally Azure.
- Any C#.Net history would be a big bonus.
- The ability to create strategies, roadmaps, pipeline and set ambitious objectives.
- Infrastructure-as-code capability.
- Good communication skills, able to problem solve and liaise with other senior members of other teams.
- An interest in emerging technologies, what’s hot on the market and ways of implementing them.
What you’ll be doing
Reporting directly to the CTO you will be responsible for the companies cloud-based infrastructure. Working closely with the Head of Development and other senior technology team members you will evolve the capabilities, guide the team, and participate in build and release activities. You will take ownership of their cloud deployment strategy, evolving it to accelerate software releases and customer deployments. As a senior engineer you will be setting ambitious objectives and tracking progress towards key results. You will be handling the infrastructure-as-code capabilities and build pipeline. As the company is forward thinking in the digital space you will be working with the latest tech such as Azure, Kubernetes, Docker, Pupper/Chef etc. and maintain this modern environment. You will be managing new members of the Ops team and also manage their internal and external cloud environments.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
Along with a salary in line with your experience you will receive a full list of benefits such as 25 days holiday, standard pension, childcare voucher scheme, cycle scheme, company phone (they don’t expect you to take work calls outside of hours), flexible working hours, access to Origin Workspace community, networking events, connect (local discount card). You will also be working in a great central location with brand new offices, being fitted is a private gym with showers, terrace with amazing views, bike stores, they have motorised height-adjustable desks, all the software and tools you need, you can choose your own high quality kit and be part of a team that are working towards the same goals and share the same values.
If you are interest and/or would like to see the full job description and company details then please get in touch with George – [email protected]; 01179269530.Back to jobs