Senior Web Application Developer
— Growing start-up, work with great tech
- Work in an exciting start-up environment, introduce up-and-coming tech.
- Work with great tech like React/Redux, Node, AWS, Docker and more.
- Ethical business – help keep tourism profits benefitting local communities.
An exciting, fast-growth start-up is looking for a Software Developer to join their expanding team of 4. Having already gone through multiple highly successful funding rounds, they have the resources behind them and expertise to become the next big tech success story in Bristol. There’s a real, ethical ‘buy local’ focus behind what they do and ultimately they are looking to provide local economies and communities with the benefits of the income tourism provides, without it disappearing abroad to travel providers. It’s a simple idea executed brilliantly and this is your chance to be part of the business’ on-going journey.
What experience you’ll need
- Familiarity with Node and React/Redux is very useful.
- Deep domain knowledge of web applications to quickly adopt to their stack.
- Beneficial if you have worked with TypeScript, AWS and Docker.
- An interest in new and emerging technologies.
- Keen to learn new things and test your abilities.
- Good communication skills will go a long way with helping out other team members.
- You are passionate about building a product and team culture.
- Ability to work a variety of projects and getstuck into many things.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be working with the other developers to continue perfecting and polishing their primary product, as well as supporting clients when needed. Your work on the web platform will be focussed on both clients, customers and operators so there will be a flexibility needed in your development mind set. There’s a focus on using new and exciting tech, so keeping up to date with industry trends and being willing to learn new skills will be a big part of your role. You’ll be contributing to the design and implementation of any new features, some of which may be off the back of your ideas. It’s a small (15 currently) but close-knit team so you’ll be staying aware of how each team is doing and helping to provide quick and clever solutions.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
Here is the chance to join a successful start-up with an amazing and popular product, ready to push forward to their next big stages. You’ll be offered a competitive salary but the best part of the role here is the opportunity to join at ‘ground level’ and grow with the company. There will be plenty of chances for progression and self-development is something that’s really important here; you’ll be given plenty of chances to play with new tech and methods. You’ll be able to learn from the other developers and will have the chance to learn and work with industry desired tech like ReactJS and NodeJS, as well as getting day-to-day experience with more advanced tech like AWS and Docker. The team is really friendly and sociable and it’s definitely a fun working environment, as well as being dedicated and hard working.
Like the sound of this one? Get in touch with George to apply or find out more 01179269530.Back to jobs