Senior Back-End Developer
— Great training budget, learn Go
- Progressive technology stack including Java, Go, Python, Ruby, NodeJS, PHP
- Pick your own kit, training budget, conference attendance, open source contribution and more.
- This company is 2 years a-head of their biggest competitor.
An innovative software house, based near Temple Meads in Bristol, has recently secured investment to begin their next stages of scaling up the business. They produce high quality, complex data-driven applications that are used by millions of people worldwide and have a wide range of really impressive clients already on the books. They are now looking for a bright and passionate Senior Back-End Developer to join the team, helping to lead and mentor. So if you want the opportunity to work with cutting edge tech in a friendly and passionate environment then this is the place for you!
What experience you'll need
- Proven background working with modern languages/practices in a commercial environment.
- Experience with any back-end languages – Java, Ruby, Python, Go, PHP, NodeJS.
- An interest in picking up new languages, you will learn Go.
- Familiarity with agile practices and TDD.
- Deep understanding of approaches to testing.
- You will ideally have productionised microservices.
- Knowledge of version control systems, such as Git, Gulp or Grunt.
- Ability to keep up to date with emerging technologies.
- It would be a bonus if you have Docker and containerisation skills.
- Not essential but an interest in machine learning would be good.
What you'll be doing
You will be a back-end developer interested in all kinds of challenges that come in this role delivering high throughput personalised content to a global subscriber base, crunching large datasets and preparing for a 20 fold increase in demand. The company have built an innovative marketing automation platform which you will work on. Their whole stack is built on open source and they contribute back wherever possible. You will be working across the application layers of their microservice-based web service-driven architecture. They have been running Go for the last 4 years so they will cross train you to Go and NodeJS (unless you have these already), getting you started on projects where your strengths lie.
What you'll get in return for your talents
In return you’ll benefit from ongoing personal development including an impressive training budget and access to industry events. You’ll also be welcomed into a positive office environment with an unrivalled sense of autonomy in the work place including flexible working hours and occasional remote work, so this really suits someone who is hardworking and independent and really loves to code. Its high profile work that anyone would want in their portfolio so if you’ve got the right set of skills then expect £40-65K in this role. You can pick your own hardware and get involved in regular team socials and trips across the offices in Bristol and London
This is a really awesome opportunity and they’re hiring now so send in your CV and examples to George for more info!Back to jobs