Software Test Engineer
— Java 8, automation, TDD, BDD
- Work with automation tools for space systems.
- Award winning company.
- Flexible working hours, on-site parking, research & development.
A leading developer of information, communications and advanced technology solutions is going through a real growth period and is looking for Software Test Engineers in Bristol to work on a variety of challenging and rewarding projects such as weather systems observed by Earth’s satellites.
What skills you'll be needing
- A software engineering or testing background.
- Experience of formal test programmes including verification and validation.
- Appreciation good software development practices including documentation.
- Java is highly desirable.
- TDD and BDD would be a big bonus.
- Different areas of the testing lifecycle including UAT.
- Web based, desktop based and UX automation tools are nice to have.
- Experience of Agile/Scrum.
- Good communication skills.
- Eligible to work in the UK.
- Security clearance is desirable.
What you’ll be doing
Joining the Satellite Ground Systems dev teams in Bristol working on large scale systems used to operate satellites at spacecraft control centres you will support for analysis and corrective maintenance of software anomalies. You will be involved in the support integration and testing of software sub-systems where you will carry out automated testing with associated test tools. Using Java in an agile environment you will be working with developers, testers, solutions architects and other team members of some really exciting projects exposing you to a variety of markets, modern technology, collaborative working and the automation testing lifecycle.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
Not only will you get to work on some tech-leading projects in some seriously exciting sectors you will be entitled to 25 days holiday rising by 1 each year. Also on offer is flexible working hours, on-site parking, a generous pension contribution, private health, life assurance, income protection, SIP, Childcare Vouchers along with an on-site gym and café in Chippenham. You will have the opportunity for training and to pick up new skills.
Want to know more? Send in your CV now to George - firstname.lastname@example.org; 01179269530Back to jobs