Back to all jobs 15th JulBack to all jobs
Test Engineer (Manual & Automation)
— Delivery-focused tech consultancy
£45K - £70K
- Excellent training & access to various courses and tech conferences.
- Incredibly diverse client base spread across multiple sectors.
- Broad & progressive technology stack (Selenium, Docker, Ruby, Python, Cucumber, JMeter).
Test Engineer needed for an award-winning tech consultancy in Central Bristol. Founded in the 90's, the business has grown to over 1400 people now with offices across the UK and over in the US. They boast an incredibly diverse range of clients spread across multiple sectors, offering scope to gain exposure to the retail, local/central government and technology industries to name a few. With a broad range of different projects to work on, you will find yourself learning new tech regularly with no day being the same.
What skills you'll need
- Proven awareness of automated testing using Selenium, Cucumber or Fitnesse, ideally in a commercial environment.
- Experience of working in either a Java or C# environment.
- Background & recent experience in manual testing.
- Good understanding of at least one cloud platform (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, Rackspace etc.).
- Proven track record of following Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban) as well as TDD/BDD principles.
- Any understanding of continuous integration and delivery is highly beneficial (Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins).
What you'll be doing
Joining the Bristol delivery team, you will be working on a broad range of projects which spreads across an incredibly diverse client base with no day being the same. You will participate in regular stand-ups with the rest of the team, working with other engineers to understand the clients product architecture in order to design the most effective test automation tools for the particular project moving forward. Examples of recent projects include a web application suite for a public sector client, as well as a large web-based application for a leading retailer. Quality assurance is a key factor in the companys delivery model so collaboration is key; you will need to ensure you are building quality processes with a stress on exploratory testing, bug advocacy and automation. As a consultancy, there may be times where you will be required to travel to different locations so this is something that you must be open to.
What you'll get in return for your experience
On top of an excellent salary and a communicative team to collaborate with, the company will offer a generous benefits package which includes healthcare & income protection, flexible working hours, a great pension scheme, a competitive rewards structure as well as free snacks in the office, tech talks and regular socials! There are plenty of progression opportunities on offer as well with access to various tech conferences and courses.
This is a really good opportunity to work for a very well-reputed company, so if you're interested, send your CV to Joe ASAP or give us a call to have a chat!
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
Testing & Quality Assurance jobsSearch all jobs
278 jobs found
— Exciting eCommerce BrandLocation:BournemouthSalary:Up to £25k
— Friendly Law FirmLocation:BristolType:Salary:£Competitive
— Successful EdTech OrganisationLocation:OxfordSalary:£Competitive