— Delivery-focused tech consultancy
Salary: £35K - £50K
- Excellent training & access to various courses and tech conferences.
- Incredibly diverse client base spread across multiple industries.
- Broad & progressive technology stack (Selenium, Docker, Ruby, Python, Cucumber, JMeter).
Automation Tester needed for an innovative, delivery-focused tech consultancy in Central Bristol. Founded in the 90’s, the business has moved from strength to strength over the years and has grown to over 900 people with offices in the UK and US. Boasting an incredibly diverse client base, you could gain exposure to multiple industries including retail, local/central government and financial services. With a broad range of different projects to work on, you will gain exposure to a breadth of new technologies with excellent scope for training as well.
What skills you’ll need
- Proven background in automated testing using Selenium, Cucumber or Fitnesse.
- Good understanding of at least one cloud technology (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud etc.).
- Excellent knowledge of load testing, preferably with JMeter but open to others (Loadrunner, Gatling, TFS).
- Proven track record of following Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban) as well as TDD/BDD principles.
- Any understanding of continuous integration and delivery is highly beneficial (Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins).
What you’ll be doing
Joining an innovative team you will be working on a broad range of projects which spreads across an incredibly diverse client base with no day being the same. You will participate in regular stand-ups with the rest of the team, working with other engineers to understand the client’s product architecture in order to design the most effective test automation tools for the particular project moving forward. Quality assurance is a key factor in the company’s delivery model so collaboration is key; you will need to ensure you are building quality processes with a stress on exploratory testing, bug advocacy and automation. As a consultancy, there may be times where you will be required to travel to different locations so this is something that you must be open to.
What you’ll get in return for your experience
On top of an excellent salary and a communicative and personable team to collaborate with, the company will offer a generous benefits package which includes healthcare & income protection, flexible working hours, a great pension scheme, a competitive rewards structure as well as free snacks in the office, tech talks and regular socials! There are plenty of progression opportunities on offer as well with access to various tech conferences and courses.
This is a really good opportunity to work for a very well-reputed company, so if you're interested, send your CV to Myles ASAP or give us a call to have a chat!Back to jobs