Lead Data Scientist
— Ethical Finance Start-up
- FinTech company aiming to help the vulnerable
- Backed by household names in the space
- Great remote working options.
I’m working with a really exciting FinTech start-up focussing on educating users about better financial habits who are looking for a Lead Data Scientist to join the team. Backed by a team of advisors from some of the UK and the World’s most exciting FinTech companies they’re on a mission to improve people’s financial health through education and support.
What you’ll be doing
As the first Data Scientist in the team you’ll be working to develop a platform that will inform people on better financial habits to ensure they have better access to financial services such as loans, credit cards, accounts and more. This will be done via a platform that builds upon a customer’s finance data and making recommendations on behaviours and habits that will increase your credit worthiness and affordability. You’ll also be working on an NLP workstream looking at the development on a chatbot to engage with customers and improve their experience further.
This is an excellent opportunity to join at the start of something really special and you’ll have the ability to make your mark from day one.
What experience you’ll need to apply
• A MSc/PhD in a STEM or Technology related field (Maths, Computer Science, Engineering, Physics etc.)
• Experience in Python (using libraries like Pandas, Numpy and Scikit-learn), Tensorflow, Keras and other deep learning frameworks.
• Experience working on multiple NLP projects would be crucial.
• A background in Finance would be very beneficial.
• Cloud computing experience with either Azure, AWS or GCP.
• Communication skills will be vital as you’ll be dealing with internal and external stakeholders regularly.
What you’ll get in return for your experience
The salary on this one is up to £60K (depending on experience) as well as a number of other benefits including; the opportunity to earn equity within the business, great remote working options (with central team meetings once a month), generous holiday allowance and more. You’ll also have the benefit of working for an extremely ethical company looking to help people’s lives for the better.
Please get in touch with Adam with an up to date CV today. Don’t hesitate to call/email to discuss the finer details.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— Market-Leading BusinessLocation:BristolSalary:Up to £40k
— Global Engineering FirmLocation:WiltshireSalary:45,000 - 55,000
— Not-for-profit OrganisationLocation:Cheltenham/RemoteSalary:£35000 - £45000