Senior PHP Engineer
— Product development, part remote
- One of the most respected software houses on the South coast.
- Have the ability to get involved heavily in the community with meetup groups and conferences.
- Up to 2 days a week remote. Relocation package available.
One of the most highly respected digital companies on the South coast is looking for a Senior PHP Engineer to join the team. They’re based in central Bournemouth with a team of 16, including a mixture of full-time staff, part-time and consultants. There’s a development team of 6 spread across multiple disciplines, that all love to get involved in the community. They run multiple local meetup groups and the business itself runs their own development conference attended by hundreds each year. This position is open to relocaters; they provide both a financial relocation package and any other support you may need.
What experience you’ll need
- You’ll need strong and proven experience with PHP primarily.
- Working with common frameworks/components like Laravel or Symfony is important.
- Experience with 3rd party API integration
- Experience with Git, Bash Scripting and Unit Testing.
- You’ll be able to think about a client’s commercial needs and factor them into your work.
- Whilst quality results are paramount, the ability to work at speed is also crucial to the role.
- Experience of working in an Agile environment.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be working within a development team of 6, alongside 3 other PHP engineers. You’ll be working to visualise, create and improve digital products of the highest quality that will genuinely make a difference in people’s everyday lives. The core focus of your efforts (90%+) will be working on one of the business’ most successful products. You’ll be working closely with designers in an Agile environment with everyone collaborating closely during sprints. Part of your role will involve staying up to date with market trends and new technologies that you can introduce to the development process. You’ll be working closely with clients when needed and working their commercial needs in to your results.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
A core value of the business is work/life balance and they believe it’s really important for their staff to have a life outside work, so long weeks and late nights are rare by design. As mentioned, they run multiple meetups and even their own not-for-profit development conference and you’ll have the chance to be involved in all of that. You’ll be offered a competitive salary, pension, optional private health care, fitness tracker, top of the range workstation, tickets to conferences and events and up to 2 days remote working per week. There is financial assistance available to those looking to relocate for the role, as well as them being more than happy to help you find accommodation etc.
If this position is ticking all the boxes then get in touch now with Jack to find out more.Back to jobs