DevOps / System Administrator
- First of its kind Green Energy project in the UK.
- Flexible & remote working / interviews.
- R&D time with scope to pick up new & emerging tech.
DevOps / System Administrator needed for a unique Energy company in Gloucester. They are developing first-of-its-kind energy storage systems in the UK and have already taken the equivalent of c200,000 cars off the road through their innovative storage solutions and with over £100 million in funding they're looking to invest heavily in new power stations over the next couple of years to be the clear market leaders in this exciting industry.
What skills you'll need
- Background in Linux system administration with knowledge of Ubuntu or Debian.
- Experience in the command line plus working SQL knowledge.
- Scripting expertise using Bash or similar.
- Awareness of AWS services (EC2, S3, RDS etc.).
- Cloud server management, logging, monitoring, using things like Grafana and Prometheus.
- Appreciation of infrastructure-as-code (IaC) – Ansible, Terraform etc.
- Ability to setup, track and secure remote access points and VPNs.
- An interest/passion renewable energy and sustainable technology.
What you'll be doing
The business’ infrastructure is continuously growing with increasing demand in energy trading, meaning this role plays an integral part in supporting their network and server infrastructure. The aim is to automate existing tools to help manage the significant flows of data, as well as automating cloud server management and introducing infrastructure-as-code. You’ll be managing long-term storage and data availability, owning Linux system administration as well as supporting developers to deploy high-quality software. One of the key projects is to build a monitoring/alerting platform for their cloud fleet which will utilise things like Prometheus and Grafana, though you’ll be given a lot of autonomy over tech choices if you see another benefit. Lots of variety in this role with involvement in hardware, software and cloud domains.
What you'll get in return for your experience
You will be joining at an exciting time in the company’s journey as they look to build on their strong market position and expand into new areas. They offer competitive salaries based on skills and expertise with an excellent benefits package that includes; annual bonus, flexible working hours, 2-3 days a week remote working (full-time during coronavirus!), a stimulating working environment and the knowledge that your work is contributing towards a greener planet.
Send in your CV to Joe or give us a call to find out more.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— 4 Months - Remote WorkingLocation:Remote + BristolSalary:Up to £600 p/day
— 3 Months Initial - Remote WorkingLocation:Remote + LondonSalary:up to £550 p/day
— DevOps for Mission-led, biotech companyLocation:LondonSalary:Up to £85,000