— Support students on an global scale
- Work under one of the UK’s most successful entrepreneurs
- Be the direction of the technology within a multidisciplinary team.
- Up to 4 days a week remote working.
An international start-up is looking for a Lead Developer seeking a rewarding challenge. You will be working with a tech founder who has already built a company known as “one of the best places to work in the UK” aiming to take this one on the same journey. You will play a key part in supporting international students through your technical leadership within a thriving start-up.
What skills you’ll be needing
- Experience using MVC frameworks – Laravel, Symfony, Zend
- You will have worked with cloud computing (ideally AWS).
- Creating REST API’s.
- Ideally you will have worked with things like Git, Grunt, Gulp and Webpack.
- Experience managing other developers.
- Be able to carry out code reviews.
- You will be able to spot trends in the market and implement most efficient technologies.
- You will have worked in an agile/scrum environment
- Redux and React native are not essential but a bonus.
- It would also be beneficial if you had experience with TDD and BDD.
What you’ll be doing
As the Lead Developer on this new product you will be joining a small team to guide the entire technical space. You’ll facilitate the team of engineers which includes back-end, front-end and QA. Working closely with the product owner and product designer you will contribute in all areas including hands-on development, code reviews, sprints, stand-ups, project management, security, scalability and strategy (withing your capacity). You’ll ensure architecture is fit to meet business needs, manage middleware development between back-end and front-end applications, mentor where needed, assist with design and QA, and participate in workshops addressing any key problems you may face. It’s a critical role which works closely with the founders of the company who will support you on this journey to being one of the market leading companies that supports students on an international scale.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
As mentioned before you will be working with one of the UK’s most successful entrepreneurs who built a market leading company from the ground up used by millions across the UK, he is on a journey for round 2 and you can be a very close part of that. In line with what has been said above with the autonomy in this role you will also receive a generous salary (£60K-£75K) 25 days holiday that can increase plus 3 days off a year for volunteering, flexible working (4 days remote), share options a good pension plus more – these benefits will be improving as the company grows with the aim to match some of the best benefits in the country. Along with the autonomy, the benefits and the general opportunity you will be on the forefront of technology working with some incredible talent.
Want to know more? Send in your CV now to George - firstname.lastname@example.org; 01179269530.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
jobsSearch all jobs
— L&D culture, flexi-workingLocation:BristolSalary:£25K-£30K
— Bristol - Adobe, Sketch & InVisionLocation:BristolSalary:Up to £425 p/day "Inside IR35"
— Central BristolLocation:BristolSalary:Up to £350 p/day