DevOps Engineer - AWS
— 100% Remote
- Industry leading digital specialist, growing at pace.
- AWS stack, Docker, CI, CD.
- Fully Remote, monthly trip to HQ.
One of the UK’s top digital specialists within the travel and hospitality sector are looking to bring their DevOps function in-house and are keen to find an experienced AWS focused DevOps Engineer. Working fully remote (if you like) with the odd trip to their Cheltenham office, this is a chance to join a progressive and super-friendly tech-focused company on the up.
What skills you’ll be needing
- Successful track record within DevOps within an AWS environment.
- Container orchestrators like ECS, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm.
- Infrastructure as code tools like Terraform, Ansible.
- CI solutions like Jenkins, TravisCI, CircleCI, Gitlab and Github.
- Understanding and build experience of CD pipelines.
- Extensive hands-on experience with Linux/UNIX based environments.
- Knowledge of databases such as MySQL, Redis, Elasticsearch, RabbitMQ.
- Experience with scripting languages, especially Bash and Python.
- Knowledge of security best practices and SecOps.
- Problem solving, root cause analysis and debugging skills.
- A motivated self-starter, able to work with little guidance.
- Strong advocate of DevOps culture and an understanding of its role of in the organisation as a whole.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be working in their agile team to migrate and manage their existing cloud-based infrastructure to a Docker based solution using the latest tools and technologies and maintaining the highest standards of reliability and scalability. They’ll ask for you to develop their continuous delivery pipelines and support their product and website platforms. Currently they have some outsourced support from 2 DevOps Engineers so they’ll be on hand to help you transition. There will be lots to do from the start and you’ll work closely with their development team in 2 week sprints across a mix of small and large project work.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
There’s a great opportunity here to come in and out your mark on the DevOps side of their operation. Along with a competitive salary (£50-60K), personal development plan, flexitime, generous hols, pension, Christmas and Summer parties, lunch and learns, a fun and friendly team. If you’re looking to work with a dedicated and enthusiastic bunch of people with autonomy over the choice of tech and in a role with variety then this is definitely one for you.
Like the sound of this one? Send in your CV now to Mike for more info (email@example.com).
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— 3 Months Initial - Remote WorkingLocation:Remote + WiltshireSalary:Up to £325 p/day
— 3 Months Initial - Remote WorkingLocation:Remote + BristolSalary:Up to £600 p/day
— Neighbourly - B Corp giving platformLocation:BristolSalary:£45K-£55K