— Join the GreenTech revolution!
- Tech-first clean energy start-up.
- Fully remote with occasional trips to Gloucester.
- Ambitious growth, progressive tech, lots of progression.
I’m helping a brand-new energy start-up to find a Full-Stack App Developer to join a small but growing team in Gloucester (or remotely). Their solution utilises AI software which allows energy trading between homes to save people up to 70% on their bills! They launched in 2019, since then they’ve grown to c40 people and have no plans to slow down. With an ambitious technology roadmap in place and plans to grow the development team further, this role plays an integral part in scaling their applications up and introducing new and emerging tech.
What experience you’ll need
- NodeJS / TypeScript on server-side
- VueJS, NuxtJS and React Native on front-end
- Proven understanding of DevOps cultures.
- Experience with CI/CD using Netlify or similar.
- Sound knowledge of AWS and it’s ecosystem (EC2, RDS, S3, Lambda).
- Experience with Docker/Kubernetes would be very beneficial.
- Ability to test your own work.
- Understanding of SQL, PostgreSQL, CockroachDB or similar.
- Agile development principles.
- Any knowledge of things like Python, PHP or Rust would be amazing, but not essential.
What you’ll be doing
Joining a team of 4 Developers and reporting into the Tech Director, you’ll support the business in designing and implementing the next-gen of their tech solutions, building on their current application suite and supporting the migration away from legacy code (though your main focus will be on introducing new tech, rather than on legacy apps). This role will be operating in a true DevOps culture which involves setting up CI pipelines from the ground up and managing all aspects of the AWS ecosystem. There isn’t much of a testing set up in place so it’s expected that you’ll help to formalise a process, as well as improving internal system integrations in line with their tech roadmap. As a small start-up you’ll wear a few hats, meaning you’ll need to be adaptable and be comfortable liaising with both internal and external stakeholders, including their R&D division.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
This role is just about fully remote, though you’ll need to be happy coming to their Gloucester office 2-3 times a month for strategic meetings. You’re entitled to 28 days holiday (+ bank hols), flexi-time for those who need it, a healthy pension scheme, support on upskilling in the areas you’re not as confident with and time for R&D. There’s on-site parking when you’re in the office and a cycle to work scheme. More importantly you’ll be working for a start-up who are saving a lot of money for people across the UK, acting as pioneers for the green tech revolution!
Like the sounds of this one? Get in touch with Joe to find out more.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— 6 Months Initial - Remote WorkingLocation:Remote + GloucestershireType:Salary:Up to £425 p/day
— Space organisationLocation:OxfordshireSalary:Market leading salary and excellent benefits package
— IoT, Robotics, Serverless, Connected ProductsLocation:WiltshireSalary:Competitive (Please ask)