AWS DevOps Engineer
— Remote working with idyllic Cotswold office
- Digital first business supporting animal bioscience.
- Government backing and a global leader in their field.
- Flexible/Remote working and an office based in the stunning Cotswolds.
I’m supporting a digital-first business in a search for an experienced DevOps Engineer to be based at their amazing office in the idyllic Cotswolds (with remote options, don’t worry!). The company are a small but growing animal bioscience specialist, leaders in their field with a global product reach that spreads across America, Europe & Australasia. Their patented technology positions them with a huge offering with Government backing, which brings a need for new hires to play an integral part in creating & enhancing their digital products.
What skills you’ll need
- Experience with AWS and its associated tech (EC2, S3, RDS, EFS, Route53, Lambda)
- Knowledge of IaC, ability to use Terraform for automating cloud builds.
- Ability to build & manage Puppet workflows & modules.
- Ability to read & write code to a proficient level, flexible on language.
- Linux administration & application deployment skills.
- Ability to design, build & manage CI/CD pipelines.
- Containerisation (Docker, Kubernetes).
- System monitoring, log management, dashboard tools (Newrelic, Splunk, CloudWatch etc.).
What you’ll be doing
This role sits in a small team with lots of internal liaison and closely connected to the development team. You’ll be creating full Infrastructure-as-Code from the ground up using Terraform, owning the automation of application build & deployment as well as looking after Linux administration. You’ll offer expertise in designing, building and managing CI/CD, acting as an advocate for DevOps best practice and supporting the business in integrating new & emerging technology to ensure the business remains progressive as they look to enhance their product offering. You’ll automate AWS stack builds, manage Puppet modules as well as supporting developers with debugging any issues with build, deployment or connectivity.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
As outlined above this is a crucial role to the company, so if you work hard and progress alongside the business, you will be heavily rewarded. The salary is flexible on experience and you will be entitled to 25 days holiday (which can increase), flexi-time/remote work, a healthy pension, on-site parking and the chance to upskill/train/attend conferences working with modern tech across a very diverse product base.
Like the sound of this one? Share your CV with Joe or give us a call to find out more.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— IoT startup, 100% remoteLocation:Bristol or RemoteSalary:£60K-£70K
— Swift 5 and iOS frameworksLocation:LondonSalary:Up to £55,000
— Web, Software, DevOpsLocation:BristolSalary:Competitive